The Student Room Group

a level geography NEA

help us!!
Hello we are Hannah and Jacky and we're looking for some inspiration on topics we can base out NEA on. We're thinking of doing something physical but not sure and our teacher is really not helpful.
Any advice??
(edited 11 months ago)
Original post by the_geog_duo
help us!!
Hello we are Hannah and Jacky and we're looking for some inspiration on topics we can base out NEA on. We're thinking of doing something physical but not sure and our teacher is really not helpful.
Any advice??

If you live in a somewhat glacial area e.g. Lake District - glacial landscapes.
If you live within a commutable distance to a coastline - coastal landscapes
if you don’t live in either but you live in an urbanised area - carbon
if you live near a river - maybe rivers and processes/water cycle.
Reply 2
help us!!Me and my best mate Jacky are looking for some inspiration on topics we can do our NEA on. We're thinking something physical and our teacher is being a ***** xx
Reply 3
Original post by JA03
If you live in a somewhat glacial area e.g. Lake District - glacial landscapes.
If you live within a commutable distance to a coastline - coastal landscapes
if you don’t live in either but you live in an urbanised area - carbon
if you live near a river - maybe rivers and processes/water cycle.

thanks but no thanks. This isnt really helpful to us. anyone else?
i cannot help
Original post by the_geog_duo
thanks but no thanks. This isnt really helpful to us. anyone else?

I don't intend to come off as rude but this is what I have to say:

I understand that it may not have been very helpful but you don't just say 'thanks but no thanks', you could at least be respectful and say 'thank you but [be more specific]'.

I gave you some guidance because not only have you not given any sort of indication of what exam board you do but you're also not saying which topics you can do your NEA on as teachers usually give you a topic from human and a topic from physical to choose what to do your NEA on.

Brushing people off saying 'this isn't helpful, anyone else?' isn't going to get anyone else to help you as there is a very limited number of people who do A-Level Geography so how about you give a little bit of insight to what topics you study as part of your A-Level course, how confident you are with them and what initial ideas you have so people can work from there.

You cannot expect people to give you NEA titles and sub-questions as it is an Independent investigation. You can ask for some guidance on structures you can do for your NEA so you can write it up but what I have given you is the most people can give as there is an emphasis on how it's an independent investigation.

So, although what I said may 'not be helpful', it's the most I can give without potentially getting you in trouble. If you're doing a physical topic, you are limited to what topics you could potentially do due to your location. For example, a student from Middlesborough can do an NEA on coastal landscapes but they can't do one on glacial landforms.

I don't intend to come off as rude but that's how you did when you replied to my post.

Now, if you're going to ask for help for your NEA, by all means do it but you need to give necessary information such as the topics you get to choose from, your exam board and some initial ideas you have; we don't need information like your names.

"help us!!
Any advice??
thanks xx" Isn't a very informative way of asking for help.

You could ask by saying something like this:
"Hi, We are/My friend and I are Year 12 students doing the (x exam board) and we need some help with our NEAs. We study (this and that topic) and we want to do a physical NEA. We are thinking of doing our NEAs on (initial NEA ideas), can someone please help us maybe think of a better idea or what we could improve on? Thank you"
(edited 11 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending