The Student Room Group

Edexcel Maths C4 2018 Paper Leaked

Scroll to see replies

Original post by yusyus
do any of you or think you would've paid for it if you had the chance? Honestly, I would have if it was Chemistry or Physics. (if there was no risk of it being wrong or getting caught)

Well this is a pretty big if. If it was an online vendor that was distributing them you'd be in trouble. (there would be evidence of your purchase that would be seen if the vendor is investigated) I just think the risks outweigh the benefits. If they were simply put up on some blog for download, it would be a lot more difficult for you to be caught, but if it was heavily publicised the exam would be withdrawn entirely. The breaches here were not deemed that widespread to withdraw it entirely. (it would be known by now)
Reply 21
Original post by _gcx
Well this is a pretty big if. If it was an online vendor that was distributing them you'd be in trouble. (there would be evidence of your purchase that would be seen if the vendor is investigated) I just think the risks outweigh the benefits. If they were simply put up on some blog for download, it would be a lot more difficult for you to be caught, but if it was heavily publicised the exam would be withdrawn entirely. The breaches here were not deemed that widespread to withdraw it entirely. (it would be known by now)

I don't really think many people get caught buying this type of stuff though, do they? I mean I didn't hear about anyone last year getting disqualified. I did hear this year that he was selling it in person face to face with people though.
Anyway, would you do it?
I would if I could convince my parents to lend me £300 or whatever it was they was charging
Original post by yusyus
I don't really think many people get caught buying this type of stuff though, do they? I mean I didn't hear about anyone last year getting disqualified. I did hear this year that he was selling it in person face to face with people though.
Anyway, would you do it?
I would if I could convince my parents to lend me £300 or whatever it was they was charging

Hmm...tempting😂😂 I doubt I would but if there was some sort of guarantee of having my money back if it was a wrong paper then maybe. I highly doubt i'd be willing to pay that much for 1/6 of my exam lol
Reply 23
Original post by EA7_
Hmm...tempting😂😂 I doubt I would but if there was some sort of guarantee of having my money back if it was a wrong paper then maybe. I highly doubt i'd be willing to pay that much for 1/6 of my exam lol

yeah I guess maybe it's not worth it since it could be wrong. definitely would do it if it was worth like 1/3 like in my other exams. But then again with some subjects having the paper might only help a little without a teachers help/to verify answers
Original post by yusyus
I didn't hear about anyone last year getting disqualified.

If you look on the News section of the Edexcel website you can see that some candidates had their results withheld last year and were going to face JCQ sanctions. That was stated in August, at a time when the police investigation was still going on.
Reply 25
Original post by tiny hobbit
If you look on the News section of the Edexcel website you can see that some candidates had their results withheld last year and were going to face JCQ sanctions. That was stated in August, at a time when the police investigation was still going on.

how do they even find out though? unless the seller gave away the names of whoever he sold it to? I mean if one person at my school bought it it would be shared around the whole year honestly and I couldn't see them finding out we all had it.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending