The Student Room Group

Worried for A Level Results/Firm?

I know it’s natural to start to get worried about your results weeks before results day, but I feel like i’m not going to get into my firm.

In year 12, I achieved ABB with a high A in Maths. This year, things went differently and I feel like I messed up some exams, especially C4 (maths). It wasn’t hard, some did say it was, but I messed up a lot. Like, I had to miss pne question completely (worth 8 marks). I also messed up other parts but i feel like ive lost out here.
The reason I messed up was because I revised a bit the night before, which resulted in me losing my concentration during the exam and forgetting everything. To simply put it, it was an embarressment.

Anyone in the same position?
Original post by UnicornZTV
I know it’s natural to start to get worried about your results weeks before results day, but I feel like i’m not going to get into my firm.

In year 12, I achieved ABB with a high A in Maths. This year, things went differently and I feel like I messed up some exams, especially C4 (maths). It wasn’t hard, some did say it was, but I messed up a lot. Like, I had to miss pne question completely (worth 8 marks). I also messed up other parts but i feel like ive lost out here.
The reason I messed up was because I revised a bit the night before, which resulted in me losing my concentration during the exam and forgetting everything. To simply put it, it was an embarressment.

Anyone in the same position?

I’m in the same situation. I thought I could get my offer but lost concentration on my last coursework (doing BTEC) and I think I missed my offer by one grade. I hope the uni does accept slightly missed offers.
Reply 2
Original post by Professional G
I’m in the same situation. I thought I could get my offer but lost concentration on my last coursework (doing BTEC) and I think I missed my offer by one grade. I hope the uni does accept slightly missed offers.

I don’t think my uni will do that since they specifically need an A in maths. My offer is AAB and one A is already in the bag. It’s just Maths i’m worried about : (

Quick Reply

Latest