The Student Room Group
University of Birmingham
University of Birmingham
Birmingham

UOB

Hey guys anyone know about how lenient uni of birmingham are with their PPE course (policy, politics and economic) I got a contextual offer for ABB but now I'm worried I'll get a grade or 2 lower (BBB, ABC)
(edited 11 months ago)
Original post by ...loading
Hey guys anyone know about how lenient uni of birmingham are with their PPE course (policy, politics and economic) I got a contextual offer for ABB but now I'm worried I'll get a grade or 2 lower (BBB, ABC)

No university is "lenient". On A level results day they'll confirm the places of those offer holders who have met their offer conditions (both those which selected Birmingham as their firm choice and those who had Birmingham as their insurance choice, but where their firm opted not to confirm their place). They'll then look to see if they have any space left on the course. If they do, they might offer places to "near miss" candidates. Or they might prefer to open the course to Clearing in the hope of filling the course that way. Or they might do both.

Unfortunately, there's no way to know how many offer holders will meet their grade requirements, hence there's no way to know whether any other candidates might have a route in.

Although the past is not always an accurate predictor of the future, if we look at The Uni Guide, we can see here that "Most popular A-Levels studied (and grade achieved)" for Policy, Politics and Economics (which is what I assume you mean by PPE) are Mathematics (A), Economics (A) and Chemistry (B). This suggests that this is not the sort of course / university which accepts a majority of candidates below the typical offer grades.
University of Birmingham
University of Birmingham
Birmingham

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending