The Student Room Group

Changing courses // KCL

Hi,

Today I received an offer through clearing for the course 'Theology, Religion and Culture' at KCL. I was wondering if anyone has had experience in the philosophy and theology department at KCL who could let me know how easy it is for me to potentially change course within the first couple of weeks to a Philosophy BA instead.

Update: Would it be a more likely transition if I applied for the course 'Religion, Philosophy and Ethics' - The courses appear very similar.

I have to confirm my clearing choice by 9 AM tomorrow, however, the Kings admission office opens at 9 so in a bit of a sticky situation. Would there be any harm in accepting the offer then enquiring to change post acceptance of my offer?

Thanks!
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by maxkav
Hi,

Today I received an offer through clearing for the course 'Theology, Religion and Culture' at KCL. I was wondering if anyone has had experience in the philosophy and theology department at KCL who could let me know how easy it is for me to potentially change course within the first couple of weeks to a Philosophy BA instead.

Update: Would it be a more likely transition if I applied for the course 'Religion, Philosophy and Ethics' - The courses appear very similar.

I have to confirm my clearing choice by 9 AM tomorrow, however, the Kings admission office opens at 9 so in a bit of a sticky situation. Would there be any harm in accepting the offer then enquiring to change post acceptance of my offer?

Thanks!

If this alternative offer was made because they couldn’t take you onto the single honours course then they will not allow a transfer during the first year.

See how similar the first year modules are. There may be a possibility of swapping in second year.

However ultimately you shouldn’t accept the changed course offer unless you want to study the new course for the full three years. If there was space on your original course then they’d have taken you onto that course.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending