The Student Room Group

Easiest exam board for biology and chemistry A-level??

Which exam board is the easiest for the biology and chemistry A-level subject? I am going to do biology and chemistry for my A-levels but I am a bit confused as to which exam board I should do as different colleges offer different exam boards. Is there any advice for which exam board is the best and easiest??
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. :frown: Are you sure you've posted in the right place? :smile: Here's a link to our subject forum which should help get you more responses if you post there. :redface:
Original post by sweet19
Which exam board is the easiest for the biology and chemistry A-level subject? I am going to do biology and chemistry for my A-levels but I am a bit confused as to which exam board I should do as different colleges offer different exam boards. Is there any advice for which exam board is the best and easiest??

When looking at which one's the easiest, the content may all be the same so it's down to the exam questions. I personally do AQA, and i'd say it's one of the hardest as almost all the grammar schools in my area do it, which means there's harder competition to get each grades. For AQA biology, there's been a huge increase in the difficulty of the questions due to the exam board adding more application-style questions. Most students weren't ready for this, so the grade boundaries were very low.
I can't speak for the other exam boards, but i'd say AQA is quite tough
Reply 3
I tutor Biology and Chemistry A level and I'd say OCR is the probably the least applied therefore the 'easiest' meaning you can simply mostly rely on regurgitating out info if memorised, however all the exam boards have similar content in the syllabus. Edexcel is horrible.
Reply 4
The grading for exams in England (AQA, Edexcel, OCR) is checked by ofqual to ensure that students of comparable ability achieve similar results.
Original post by sweet19

You should not base you college choice on which examiner they use. Compare facilities, previous exam results, ofsted reports, local reputation etc but their choice of examiner isn’t important.
OCR
Reply 7
Actually AQA is one of the easiest known boards. If you want to challenge yourself try boards like CAIE's A levels or CBSE.
Don't think u can do CBSE in england

Quick Reply

Latest