The Student Room Group

The Official Vacation Scheme Thread 2019!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 200
Original post by andreasnh
Congratulations on the interview! I applied 20 september but still have heard nothing. Should I then assume that it is a no go? :/

No! I think if you applied on the 20th you would of heard a long time ago if they didn’t want you. It might be a case they are doing it in batches
For all those interested in HSF updates... I got an holding update email this morning.
Pretty much just saying .. Your application is currently under review and we will be in touch in the next few weeks to advise on the outcome of your application.
Reply 202
Original post by sadimae123
Yesterday..you ?

Did it last tues, got a PFO today. Give it until next Monday, you'll get a reply then!
Original post by lawdreams
For all those interested in HSF updates... I got an holding update email this morning.
Pretty much just saying .. Your application is currently under review and we will be in touch in the next few weeks to advise on the outcome of your application.

Wot! I didn't get anything! Jealous
Original post by Zha111
Hey I applied late September and got the refrence request 2 weeks later. My tutor was late in handing the refrence but when she did I got an email the same day inviting me to an interview

Hey, how long did you wait for the interview invitation after you received the reference request?
Original post by Deepak96
Did it last tues, got a PFO today. Give it until next Monday, you'll get a reply then!

Sorry to hear :/ Did you have any previous vacation scheme experience? Also, what university are you at?
Original post by Anonforever101
Wot! I didn't get anything! Jealous

What is the best way to prepare for the test?
Original post by Deepak96

Sorry to hear that ! Was it due to not passing the SJT or application in general ?
Has anyone got any advice for the hsf test? How hard is it??
Reply 209
Original post by Gricole
Hey, how long did you wait for the interview invitation after you received the reference request?

It was the same day :smile: x
Original post by Zha111
No! I think if you applied on the 20th you would of heard a long time ago if they didn’t want you. It might be a case they are doing it in batches

Hmmm. perhaps. Did you apply before the 20th?
Original post by Dabe123
Yeah absolutely, definitely know of people being slitted to other schemes. Pm me and I’ll help you with your interview

Hey, I’ve also got an interview with JD coming up. Would it be cool to PM you about your experience?
Original post by Zulu5830
Has anyone got any advice for the hsf test? How hard is it??

I found it hard. It’s blended so not just verbal reasoning. SJT too. Quite a few similar options which made it difficult. Use the usual practice tests which you can find online. The SJT element to me felt like there’s less practice you could do.
Potentially silly question, but Jones Day or Shearman? Am just asking in terms of prestige and reputation.
(edited 5 years ago)
Anyone heard from Hogan Lovells, Linklaters, or Allen & Overy yet?
Original post by lawdreams
I found it hard. It’s blended so not just verbal reasoning. SJT too. Quite a few similar options which made it difficult. Use the usual practice tests which you can find online. The SJT element to me felt like there’s less practice you could do.

Thanks so much for this! Really helpful :smile:
Original post by Nathandoing
Hey, I’ve also got an interview with JD coming up. Would it be cool to PM you about your experience?

Hey when did you apply by an chance?
Reply 217
Has anyone done a interview and know how long a response should be? :smile:
Original post by andreasnh
Hey when did you apply by an chance?

I applied late September. Got my reference request on Friday and got an interview on Tuesday.
Original post by Nathandoing
I applied late September. Got my reference request on Friday and got an interview on Tuesday.

I applied on the 20th and still have heard nothing :frown: DId you apply before the 20th?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending