The Student Room Group

Applying for a Masters Loan in the UK as a German citizen

Hello, I am currently exploring the possibility of pursuing a Master's degree at the Condé Nast College of Fashion & Design in the UK in 2024 . I have completed my Bachelor's degree in 2023 (BA) in Germany and am keen on advancing my studies in the field of arts. As I am considering the financial aspects of this endeavor, I am in the process of exploring options for a Masters loan to cover the substantial tuition fees associated with the course. However, I have encountered some conflicting information on the official UK government website regarding the necessary immigration status for international students. On one page, it mentions the requirement of a settled status, while on another, it indicates the necessity of obtaining a student visa for EU students. I would appreciate clarification on which of these requirements is applicable to me.
Additionally, should I secure a student visa or settled status before applying for a Masters loan or even before applying for a course at the college? Is there a specific sequence that needs to be followed? Thank you for your help!
Original post by ArvidsVision
Hello, I am currently exploring the possibility of pursuing a Master's degree at the Condé Nast College of Fashion & Design in the UK in 2024 . I have completed my Bachelor's degree in 2023 (BA) in Germany and am keen on advancing my studies in the field of arts. As I am considering the financial aspects of this endeavor, I am in the process of exploring options for a Masters loan to cover the substantial tuition fees associated with the course. However, I have encountered some conflicting information on the official UK government website regarding the necessary immigration status for international students. On one page, it mentions the requirement of a settled status, while on another, it indicates the necessity of obtaining a student visa for EU students. I would appreciate clarification on which of these requirements is applicable to me.
Additionally, should I secure a student visa or settled status before applying for a Masters loan or even before applying for a course at the college? Is there a specific sequence that needs to be followed? Thank you for your help!

Hi there. What is your immigration status currently and how long have you been living in the UK?

Thanks, Leah.
Reply 2
Original post by Leah SLC
Hi there. What is your immigration status currently and how long have you been living in the UK?

Thanks, Leah.

Hello Leah!
I currently reside in Germany, where I was born. However, I lived in London from Sep 2018 to May 2019, if that has any relevance. Thank you for your help!
Hello Leah!
I currently reside in Germany, where I was born. However, I lived in London from Sep 2018 to May 2019, if that has any relevance. Thank you for your help!

Okay, thanks. Have you applied for a status in the UK under the EU settlement scheme? Such as pre-settled status? Thanks, Leah.
Reply 4
Original post by Leah SLC
Okay, thanks. Have you applied for a status in the UK under the EU settlement scheme? Such as pre-settled status? Thanks, Leah.

Thanks for your quick reply!
No, that was the point where I was unsure about whether I should apply for the EU Settlement Scheme or a student visa as I couldn't tell from the UK government website. Should I perhaps apply for both? Thank you, Arvid.
Thanks for your quick reply!
No, that was the point where I was unsure about whether I should apply for the EU Settlement Scheme or a student visa as I couldn't tell from the UK government website. Should I perhaps apply for both? Thank you, Arvid.

Hi Arvid,

If you are looking to apply for a Post Graduate Masters course we would require you to have a status through the EU Settlement Scheme, we unfortunately can not accept student visas as documentation. Have you lived in the EU for the last 3 years?
Thanks, Ross

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending