The Student Room Group

Im fed up with always being sad in life

I’m 17 and I always feel sad. Oviously there’s some exceptions like when I’m with family Or doing something fun but even then there’s a certain feeling that I can’t shake. I rarely smile and if I do it’s usually fake and when my friends are having fun I can’t even join in most of the time I’ll just never there like a lemon. I’ve considered going to the gp but I just can’t bring myself to go because I don’t want to talk about it. It’s really getting me down and getting in the way of my life I just want to enjoy my life
Reply 1
Original post by Meg846
I’m 17 and I always feel sad. Oviously there’s some exceptions like when I’m with family Or doing something fun but even then there’s a certain feeling that I can’t shake. I rarely smile and if I do it’s usually fake and when my friends are having fun I can’t even join in most of the time I’ll just never there like a lemon. I’ve considered going to the gp but I just can’t bring myself to go because I don’t want to talk about it. It’s really getting me down and getting in the way of my life I just want to enjoy my life

I know exactly how you feel, I don’t really have many friends now so I guess that’s the reason for being more down recently. But even when we use to go out everyone would be having fun and for some reason I was never able to really join in. You can message me if you want, might not be the best help but I can listen x
Yeah, I feel you - I’m just trynna move on as well. Imagine having no friends and not knowing why. I’m not even quiet or shy, arrogant or mean or needy or anything like that, people just always try and avoid me, I don’t know and I don’t think I’ll ever know why. Imagine all the girls you’ve hooked up with all regretting it, all the girls you’ve talked to ending it with you, for no reason. Bare in mind I’ve got a good personality too.

I don’t know what’s wrong with me, if there even IS something wrong with me, but people just don’t like me, girls think I’m ugly and I just don’t know what’s happening.
i felt really bad with myself a while ago , i went to the doctors and talked a lot to them , now which is going to be totally different to you but i dont have any close friends i can talk to but i have started my transition period to have a M/F sex change , but no matter what is wrong your doctor will always listen
Reply 4
Original post by Anonymous
Yeah, I feel you - I’m just trynna move on as well. Imagine having no friends and not knowing why. I’m not even quiet or shy, arrogant or mean or needy or anything like that, people just always try and avoid me, I don’t know and I don’t think I’ll ever know why. Imagine all the girls you’ve hooked up with all regretting it, all the girls you’ve talked to ending it with you, for no reason. Bare in mind I’ve got a good personality too.

I don’t know what’s wrong with me, if there even IS something wrong with me, but people just don’t like me, girls think I’m ugly and I just don’t know what’s happening.

I feel you man always get this even at work. Trust me it’s nothing to do with you, people are just ********s.
Reply 5
Original post by scotsman7
i felt really bad with myself a while ago , i went to the doctors and talked a lot to them , now which is going to be totally different to you but i dont have any close friends i can talk to but i have started my transition period to have a M/F sex change , but no matter what is wrong your doctor will always listen

I have like one friend but I can’t tell her anything and tbh idk if she is a proper friend. I hope things go well for you
Reply 6
Original post by Rhiannon1066
I know exactly how you feel, I don’t really have many friends now so I guess that’s the reason for being more down recently. But even when we use to go out everyone would be having fun and for some reason I was never able to really join in. You can message me if you want, might not be the best help but I can listen x

I’ve been feeling like this since I haven’t seen my ‘friends’ since last year. I have like one friend now but I’m not sure she’s a true friend you know
Reply 7
Original post by Anonymous

I also struggle to make friends, but it’s because I’m shy. I’m sure there’s actually nothing wrong with you, it’s just the way life is sometime s
Reply 8
Original post by Meg846
I’ve been feeling like this since I haven’t seen my ‘friends’ since last year. I have like one friend now but I’m not sure she’s a true friend you know

Do you go to college or work, to meet any there. I’m currently trying to find a better job for the same reason.

Quick Reply

Latest