The Student Room Group

English at Cambridge GCSE requirements?

I received my GCSE results last week, and was upset to see I had gotten a 7 in English Literature. I know this grade is far from terrible but I was predicted an 8/9 and was hoping to study the subject at Cambridge. I wanted to know if I still could be accepted to study English lit at Cambridge with this grade or whether I’d be rejected due to having a lower grade than my competition, who will probably have 8s and 9s. (Also, most students in my year got 7s, 8s and 9s and I go to a private school so I will not be seen as one of the top in my year at the subject.) Thank you. ( Edit: my grades are 7A*s and 3As if that helps in any way)
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by Garyoldman
I received my GCSE results last week, and was upset to see I had gotten a 7 in English Literature. I know this grade is far from terrible but I was predicted an 8/9 and was hoping to study the subject at Cambridge. I wanted to know if I still could be accepted to study English lit at Cambridge with this grade or whether I’d be rejected due to having a lower grade than my competition, who will probably have 8s and 9s. (Also, most students in my year got 7s, 8s and 9s and I go to a private school so I will not be seen as one of the top in my year at the subject.) Thank you. ( Edit: my grades are 8A*s and 2As if that helps in any way)

Cambridge don’t care that much about GCSE’s. Make sure you do well at their admissions tests and interview and you still have a chance. If they are worried about your grade they may just specify that English be the subject you get an A* in at A-level but I doubt they’d even do that.
Original post by Nicole14510
Cambridge don’t care that much about GCSE’s. Make sure you do well at their admissions tests and interview and you still have a chance. If they are worried about your grade they may just specify that English be the subject you get an A* in at A-level but I doubt they’d even do that.

Ok, thank you very much!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending