The Student Room Group

school leavers gap year

Hi, I was just wondering if anyone could help me find some more paid apprenticeship schemes, I have heard of companies such as : Deloitte and the IBM futures scheme. However, I am worried that my A-levels (Geography, Spanish and English) don't necessarily match well with the purpose of the schemes.

any help would be super appreciated!
Original post by JShxppard
Hi, I was just wondering if anyone could help me find some more paid apprenticeship schemes, I have heard of companies such as : Deloitte and the IBM futures scheme. However, I am worried that my A-levels (Geography, Spanish and English) don't necessarily match well with the purpose of the schemes.

any help would be super appreciated!

Hi there,

First of all, all apprenticeship schemes are paid, though some more than others. More info here: https://www.gov.uk/apprenticeships-guide/pay-and-conditions

Some companies, such as fortune 500 companies (e.g. Deloitte, IBM), do pay substantially more than SMEs, but they do indicate the salary in the job advert.

Also what your A-Levels are don't matter too much as long as you meet the minimum requirements, such as 3 A-Levels between A-C. What does matter though is how you gained relevant experience and certifications in the field you're applying for. For example, for a software apprenticeship you can demonstrate how you learnt to program various languages in your spare time.

Hope this helps!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending