The Student Room Group

Does anybody go bin diving in Manchester

I live in Greater Manchester but all the supermarket bins are usually behind fences.

Somebody on another forum suggested getting a meter key but I think you'd get into more trouble for trespassing, even if it is already kind of illegal to steal from bins anyway.

I was wondering if there's a community in Manchester who bin dive and know the best places to do it.
Original post by Maya memsaab
I live in Greater Manchester but all the supermarket bins are usually behind fences.

Somebody on another forum suggested getting a meter key but I think you'd get into more trouble for trespassing, even if it is already kind of illegal to steal from bins anyway.

I was wondering if there's a community in Manchester who bin dive and know the best places to do it.

what is this
Reply 2
is bin diving safe?
Reply 3
Ahaha dudes who jump into trash heaps and find a ninja turtles poster and act like they just discovered a continent
Original post by NoEaze
is bin diving safe?

Well you'd have to go at night to avoid getting caught by staff so you would have to watch out for weirdoes lurking around in dark alleys.
It's probably better if you're in a group or have a car nearby (unfortunately I haven't and don't know anyone who wants to do this).
In terms of getting caught, you'd probably just get a slap on the wrist. I doubt you'd get into serious trouble.
Original post by CheeseIsVeg
what is this
#LifeInManchester
Original post by Volibear
What do you dive for?

Litter, she always hits the mother-load now that she dives bins, never had that success rate with pools.

Quick Reply

Latest