The Student Room Group

UCAT score of 2570 and Band 3 SJT, where should I apply?

Hi all,

I was wondering where I could apply with these UCAT results. I have predicted grades of A*A*A, but im assuming KCL is out the window, which was my main choice. Where else could I try with these grades and results?
Some universities that you could consider to applying for

UCL has a high UCAT cut-off score of 2800, so you may not be successful in your application. However, you could still try applying, as there are always exceptions.
Imperial also has a high UCAT cut-off score of 2800. However, they also consider predicted grades and other factors, so you could still be successful in your application.
Oxford has a UCAT cut-off score of 2700. This is slightly lower than UCL and Imperial, so you have a better chance of being successful in your application.
Edinburgh has a UCAT cut-off score of 2500. This is still a good score, and you have a good chance of being successful in your application.
Manchester has a UCAT cut-off score of 2400.
Bristol has 2200.
Ultimately, the best university for you will depend on your individual circumstances and preferences. You should consider factors such as the location of the university, the size of the university, the course structure, and the research opportunities.
We can discuss it more further regarding courses.
Reply 2
Original post by Alan Foster
Some universities that you could consider to applying for

UCL has a high UCAT cut-off score of 2800, so you may not be successful in your application. However, you could still try applying, as there are always exceptions.
Imperial also has a high UCAT cut-off score of 2800. However, they also consider predicted grades and other factors, so you could still be successful in your application.
Oxford has a UCAT cut-off score of 2700. This is slightly lower than UCL and Imperial, so you have a better chance of being successful in your application.
Edinburgh has a UCAT cut-off score of 2500. This is still a good score, and you have a good chance of being successful in your application.
Bristol has 2200.
Ultimately, the best university for you will depend on your individual circumstances and preferences. You should consider factors such as the location of the university, the size of the university, the course structure, and the research opportunities.
We can discuss it more further regarding courses.

Bro? A majority of the unis that you listed don't even do UCAT, they do BMAT
but Nottingham and Bristol does
Reply 4
Original post by Alan Foster
but Nottingham and Bristol does

And Bristol's cut off was 2910 last year and Nottingham scores GCSEs and anybody with a B3 SJT would not make the cut off, regardless of other stats
Reply 5
Original post by UZIman123
Hi all,

I was wondering where I could apply with these UCAT results. I have predicted grades of A*A*A, but im assuming KCL is out the window, which was my main choice. Where else could I try with these grades and results?

Post in the "which med school" megathread, in the format of the first post and people will try and help, but please ignore the advice given so far
Reply 6
Original post by UZIman123
Hi all,

I think Keele has a low UCAT cutoff score for home student, go have a look at their website!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending