The Student Room Group

Cant concentrate / sustain motivation

Might seem like a bit of a ramble here but I think I have a deep lying issue and don't really know how to resolve it.

I basically used to be a hard worked and engross myself in tasks but simply no longer can do so. I am now 24 and this issue has been going on for the last 3 years.

I have a job but simply put off tasks and even get anxious opening emails and receiving messages from people.

I used to be extremely motivated but now find myself just wanting to drift off and procrastinate rather than getting things done.

Wondering if anyone has experienced anything similar and took any medication for it as I relate a lot to posts about depression and anxiety but my symptoms can often just appear as laziness which deters me from getting some serious help.

Its becoming more of an issue each day and I really need a radical change as at the moment I can't imagine a happy future as Im not really looking forward to anything.

Any advice / reassurance appreciated. :smile:
You could maybe try moving into a space to work that it's difficult for you to procrastinate in. And then get one of those apps which blocks the social media websites for certain amounts of time. Sorry I have a mild form of procrastination.
But the thing is I try these things and then procrastinate using them. I never actually help myself.
Original post by Anonymous
Might seem like a bit of a ramble here but I think I have a deep lying issue and don't really know how to resolve it.

I basically used to be a hard worked and engross myself in tasks but simply no longer can do so. I am now 24 and this issue has been going on for the last 3 years.

I have a job but simply put off tasks and even get anxious opening emails and receiving messages from people.

I used to be extremely motivated but now find myself just wanting to drift off and procrastinate rather than getting things done.

Wondering if anyone has experienced anything similar and took any medication for it as I relate a lot to posts about depression and anxiety but my symptoms can often just appear as laziness which deters me from getting some serious help.

Its becoming more of an issue each day and I really need a radical change as at the moment I can't imagine a happy future as Im not really looking forward to anything.

Any advice / reassurance appreciated. :smile:

I am so sorry you are going through this! I have noticed that I have been a little unmotivated lately as well. Exercise really helps me! I would advise to get maybe 30 minutes of exercise a day and that can help you so much! I hope everything gets better.

Quick Reply

Latest