The Student Room Group

Courses

Evening all,
I'm currently in year 11 at the moment. I'm thinking of doing A-levels but concerned whether or not my grades are good or not.
My predicted grades for GCSE's are:
Maths: 4 (foundation)
science: 4 (foundation)
English lit: 5
English Lan: 5
History: 5
Geography: 5
Health and social: D2

I was first thinking of doing just an extended diploma in health and social care; which was worth 3 A-levels. But now thinking of doing A levels in Biology, Geography, and 1 health and social care.
What do you guys think? Should I do contrasting with my predicted grades? like will a level biology be too hard if I'm only getting 4s??
The sixth form accepts students that have received a grade 4+ in science & maths.
(edited 4 years ago)
Hi

At the moment just focus on getting the best grades you can.
If you want to do A level then you are going to need at least a 5 or 6 depending on where you apply. A levels are a step up.

That means Biology and Geography I would be aiming for 6
Maths and English should also be given a bit of a priority as if you dont get either of those then they may bar you from sixth form.

[ have just seen that you are doing foundation maths and science. You will need to impress and get put on higher tier otherwise you wont be able to do A level Biology. You need to talk to your teachers about this] Single science may not be enough in any event.

You have plenty of time to improve all grades as long as you work consistently hard through the year. If you only get 4s then I would do BTEC.

See what you get next summer and post back, then we can tun through whether you might do BTEC or A levels.
(edited 4 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest