The Student Room Group

Foundation year finance

Hi all

So I’m going to be study a foundation year course and on the website it mentions that if you do not meet the threshold to go into year 1 of your chosen course then you will be allowed to go onto any other course.

I was just wondering as someone who has 1 years previous study and now I’m essentially using my gift year to go to university in year 1, if I was not to pass the foundation year into my main course but then they university lets me transfer onto year 1 of another course would I be liable to self fund that year of study?
Hi there,

So do you mean you already have used 1 year of funding and then started a new foundation course? Then after you finish the foundation course you want to start a new 3 year course?

Thanks, Drew
Original post by Drew SLC
Hi there,
So do you mean you already have used 1 year of funding and then started a new foundation course? Then after you finish the foundation course you want to start a new 3 year course?
Thanks, Drew

Ok so in September I started a course and I left after term 1 which means I have one previous year of study. This September I am going to be starting a 5 year course which has an integrated foundation year. The uni says that I need to get 60% in this foundation year in order to go into year 1.

If however you don’t get 60% then they put you onto any other course that you want at that same university. From my understanding if I get the 60% and move into year 1 of the integrated course then I will be funded since it counts as a 5 year course, but my question is if I don’t meet the threshold to go into my chosen course at year 1 and the university moves me to another course, will that still be funded?
Hi YuccefTheKurd,

If you fail the foundation year and have to move onto a new course this will mean that you have 2 years of previous study for us to take into account. In this scenario, it would mean that you would have to self fund the 1st year of your new course that the university has moved you onto.

Thanks,
Calum

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending