The Student Room Group

What course should I take?

I'm not at the age of going on to A-levels yet however I'm possibly thinking of studying to become a primary school teacher. I'm not quite sure whether I need to stay on for college or sixth form and what I need to take for it. Any help?
Hi! So I'm no expert but a few of my friends are going on to be primary teachers! I think a degree is required and the easiest route to this is through A Levels. Really just do subjects that you enjoy and you can't go wrong since primary isn't specific enough for you have to do any specific courses! When you go for a degree, I think you either need to do an education undergrad or any undergrad and then a pgce but if you aren't even at the age of A Level yet then it's something you'll be able to find more info on in the future! Hope this helps 😊
Reply 3
Original post by Emily_5410
Hi! So I'm no expert but a few of my friends are going on to be primary teachers! I think a degree is required and the easiest route to this is through A Levels. Really just do subjects that you enjoy and you can't go wrong since primary isn't specific enough for you have to do any specific courses! When you go for a degree, I think you either need to do an education undergrad or any undergrad and then a pgce but if you aren't even at the age of A Level yet then it's something you'll be able to find more info on in the future! Hope this helps 😊

Thanks 😊

Quick Reply

Latest