The Student Room Group

Is it very silly to reapply whilst in uni in the hopes of one or two options?

Doing a very competitive course, applying for competitive unis. Currently at uni already in first year, but I'm very hesitant on whether I'd like to take a gap year. whilst I want to, I also do not want to end up in a place worse than my current university. I'm considering applying to university again and taking a break as soon as I can, or if I actually end up feeling like I should (still conflicted). there's only two options really I would take, if I got those. I might end up getting through a lot of this first year before an offer comes from them. but if I did get an offer, I would definitely take it from either.

is this very silly? I understand that there'd be more debt... but I'd be willing to take that in the case of either of these universities which I'd hoped to attend.
What 2 options. Universities like Oxbridge, Imperial, LSE and UCL are hugely in demand and there is a strong possibility of rejection. Why didnt you go to your 2 favoured choices. Did you get rejected. Did you meet the grades. What makes you think you will get accepted this time.
Original post by swanseajack1
What 2 options. Universities like Oxbridge, Imperial, LSE and UCL are hugely in demand and there is a strong possibility of rejection. Why didnt you go to your 2 favoured choices. Did you get rejected. Did you meet the grades. What makes you think you will get accepted this time.

LSE, didn't apply when I really should have w/ my grades and admissions test score. UCL too, except I was rejected with an excellent admissions score also.
Original post by edfoeasol
LSE, didn't apply when I really should have w/ my grades and admissions test score. UCL too, except I was rejected with an excellent admissions score also.

You are talking about 2 hugely competitive universities and there is no guarantee you will get offers as you already found
Doing a very competitive course, applying for competitive unis. Currently at uni already in first year, but I'm very hesitant on whether I'd like to take a gap year. whilst I want to, I also do not want to end up in a place worse than my current university. I'm considering applying to university again and taking a break as soon as I can, or if I actually end up feeling like I should (still conflicted). there's only two options really I would take, if I got those. I might end up getting through a lot of this first year before an offer comes from them. but if I did get an offer, I would definitely take it from either.

is this very silly? I understand that there'd be more debt... but I'd be willing to take that in the case of either of these universities which I'd hoped to attend.

email the unis to ask if you it would be okay if you do so you don’t get outright rejected
Original post by swanseajack1
You are talking about 2 hugely competitive universities and there is no guarantee you will get offers as you already found

of course. That's why maybe I'd not take a gap year
of course. That's why maybe I'd not take a gap year

You could apply and continue with your course until you hear whether you have a place. Part of your problem is these are oversubscribed courses and it might well be next April or May before you get responses. It really is down to your personal choice. Personally I would just carry on with what you are currently doing.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending