The Student Room Group

resitting maths

i got BBB
id like to apply this year for 2019 entry for chemical engineering at surrey but grade requirements are ABB
i have friends who applied last year and got onto the course with lower grades than but ive been told to resit my maths exams so i can get ABB
those friends told me not to bother, but at the same time, ive been advised by teachers to resit.
so shall i resit or not?

also my ums for maths
c1: 80 (resit mark: 98)
c2: 82 (resit mark: 80)
s1: 80
c3: 63
c4: 57
s2: 74

total: 454
required: 480 (for A)

i got these grades by doing like 6 past papers over the two days before each exam which was dumb i know but now i have like 8 months to do past papers over and over. so i dont want to resit stats so should i resit c2 c3 c4? or should i resit c3 and c4 only?

bearing in mind im going to be resitting privately, so it will be self study.

THANKS
Original post by catfanny
i got BBB
id like to apply this year for 2019 entry for chemical engineering at surrey but grade requirements are ABB
i have friends who applied last year and got onto the course with lower grades than but ive been told to resit my maths exams so i can get ABB
those friends told me not to bother, but at the same time, ive been advised by teachers to resit.
so shall i resit or not?

also my ums for maths
c1: 80 (resit mark: 98)
c2: 82 (resit mark: 80)
s1: 80
c3: 63
c4: 57
s2: 74

total: 454
required: 480 (for A)

i got these grades by doing like 6 past papers over the two days before each exam which was dumb i know but now i have like 8 months to do past papers over and over. so i dont want to resit stats so should i resit c2 c3 c4? or should i resit c3 and c4 only?

bearing in mind im going to be resitting privately, so it will be self study.

THANKS

You dont have anything to lose by a resit and you could just get a firm offer and acceptance.

You point out there was a lot of scope for improvement.

I would resit the ones where you believe you can and wish to do better in the time available. Up to you how much effort you want to put in.

Quick Reply

Latest