The Student Room Group

A-level maths resit

I'm in yr12 taking maths, further maths, physics and computer science. My school makes us do the maths a-level in yr12, so I have just finished it and reckon I got an A. I'm planning on applying to imperial, ucl, kings, southampton etc so should I consider resitting maths next year even if I get an A* in cs and/or physics?
Reply 1
I'm aware that imperial want an A* in maths but I'm not sure about the others, so I'm not sure if its worth it resitting the a-level or just not applying to imperial (I plan to do computer science in uni btw)
Reply 2
Original post by bears15
I'm in yr12 taking maths, further maths, physics and computer science. My school makes us do the maths a-level in yr12, so I have just finished it and reckon I got an A. I'm planning on applying to imperial, ucl, kings, southampton etc so should I consider resitting maths next year even if I get an A* in cs and/or physics?

Heya!
I would recommend checking out the entry requirements and see what they say :h: If all need A* for maths then possibly look into resitting it as those unis are very competitive. Just double-check whether all of them require A* and possibly talk to your teacher.

I hope this helps!
Milena
UCL PFE
Study Mind
Reply 3
Original post by StudyMind
Heya!
I would recommend checking out the entry requirements and see what they say :h: If all need A* for maths then possibly look into resitting it as those unis are very competitive. Just double-check whether all of them require A* and possibly talk to your teacher.

I hope this helps!
Milena
UCL PFE
Study Mind

I've checked and both imperial and ucl require A* but the rest don't. I'm not sure if I should resit and do 4 a-levels next year or dont resit and just do 3.

I've also heard that if you do resit and get a better grade then unis can see that you've done the exam again and the "offers may vary". What exactly do they mean by that? Does it mean instead of the normal A*AA they would ask for something like A*A*A?

Quick Reply

Latest