The Student Room Group

Problems at uni - research

For one of my modules, I am conducting some research into what problems first-year university students face, I then want to solve the problem and monetise it. This is hypothetical and is for my presentation.

What problems have you first years faced since starting university?
Original post by HamzaIdris13
For one of my modules, I am conducting some research into what problems first-year university students face, I then want to solve the problem and monetise it. This is hypothetical and is for my presentation.

What problems have you first years faced since starting university?

1. Friends. Only have one and finding it diffcult to make them.
2. Not sure about my course. I've been conflicted about my course for about half a year. Sort of feel forced to go to uni. Not sure what to do.
3. Bordom- Apart for a few clubs and societies and completing work, if you have few friends there's very little you can do apart from read books and watch netflix.
Original post by Jungleseu1
1. Friends. Only have one and finding it diffcult to make them.
2. Not sure about my course. I've been conflicted about my course for about half a year. Sort of feel forced to go to uni. Not sure what to do.
3. Bordom- Apart for a few clubs and societies and completing work, if you have few friends there's very little you can do apart from read books and watch netflix.

I second all of these.
Friends are hard to make (but I understand good friends are hard to come by), going to university and actually disliking the course and yeh not much on.
1. Friends. CAN'T STRESS THIS ONE ENOUGH.
2. Managing my mental health.
3. Time management.
4. Learning to clean and cook for myself.
5. Talking to lecturers etc, standing up for myself.
6. Manging the course itself?
I don't know what you lot are talking about, I've been at uni a month now and know people on every single course (I go to Rave, so not a giant uni). I know people everywhere I go, I find it way harder to actually organise something to do with every friend.
Original post by Elliot.ellzo
I don't know what you lot are talking about, I've been at uni a month now and know people on every single course (I go to Rave, so not a giant uni). I know people everywhere I go, I find it way harder to actually organise something to do with every friend.

I only have 1 friend at uni. I go to manchester which is 40,000 people. Very lonely and miserabl.e

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending