The Student Room Group

About course - Management and finance

this course in Bcu Is this course fully theoretical or Numerical problems would be there ?
Original post by ankit77
this course in Bcu Is this course fully theoretical or Numerical problems would be there ?

I presume you're referring to this course: https://www.bcu.ac.uk/courses/management-and-finance-msc-2023-24#course_in_depth

Define fully theoretical. Any degree is more or less theoretical; the only way things are applied at uni is through research and experiments. Things are really not put into practice until you get to the workplace.
If you're asking whether the degree is made up of just essays, then no. You will get a lot of essays for the management modules, but you will get a good number of number problems in the finance modules (pun not intended). In particular:

Managerial Finance would contain a good number of financial tools and analysis that you would need to learn and apply

Security Analysis and Portfolio Management would likely have material on statistical analysis for portofolios. Most of the quantitative material should be covered iin Managerial Finance

Business, Management, and Finance Research Project may contain some quantitative material depending on what you specifically want to research.

International Financial Strategy might contain some quantitative material, but I highly doubt it. If it does, then it's not likely to be a lot.

Note: I have not done this course, so I can't be certain the above is accurate. I have however done a finance degree, so I know what material a typical finance degree comprise of.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending