The Student Room Group

university course

Which is better for computer science Leeds or Nottingham?
Original post by Inside a square
Which is better for computer science Leeds or Nottingham?

Better in terms of what? Graduate prospects? Results? Student intake? Reputation? Resources? Student satisfaction?

They’re both of a similar calibre, pick whichever course you prefer the look of.
Original post by FloralHybrid
Better in terms of what? Graduate prospects? Results? Student intake? Reputation? Resources? Student satisfaction?

They’re both of a similar calibre, pick whichever course you prefer the look of.

More on reputation and graduate prospects

I've moved this to the CS/IT course section, from the University of Northampton section...since the thread isn't about any courses at the University of Northampton :tongue:

Probably about the same as far as reputation and grad prospects go...for the latter you could look at the unistats pages for each course and see which sectors graduates are employed in (are they working in CS/IT fields, or other areas which are of interest, or some fields which you aren't interested in?) as well as average salaries (although these can easily get skewed so aren't as useful as the sector breakdowns imo).

I'd suggest looking more at the differences in the courses in terms of what modules and options are offered and see which interests you more (if either). It would also be worth considering overall factors about the universities - the location, cost/quality of living, clubs/societies etc offered by them which may be of interest (is there something you do now and want to continue that only one offers?).
(edited 5 years ago)

I second what @artful_lounger said

Also with CS, your portfolio/skills matter more than the university. Build up a good GitHub account with plenty of side projects, internships etc.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending