The Student Room Group

Buckingham medicine 2020 entry

Scroll to see replies

Original post by medbean420
There is a bit of dissection, just the other day i dissected a sheep's heart and a kidney. However, its not a prominent part of the course but i personally think that not a lot of dissection is needed anyway because they teach anatomy quite well.

Ohhh okay, thanks!
Original post by frustratedTeen
I was interested in that too but didn’t really look into it. One thing I did find out today was that Buckingham uni offers no dissection whatsoever so I’m a little bit curious as to how exactly that is substituted, I was told about their anatomy labs with a bunch of models and saw them too yet I’m afraid it won’t compare to the possibility of actually assessing and observing a human cadaver or parts of it...thoughts anyone?

I was a little concerned about that too.. that and the fact that the facilities weren't state of the art like most other med schools are.
Are any of you guys also preparing to take UCAT for next year? I did not make it this September because of my UCAT. what about you guys?
Original post by alysidferns
I just got off the phone with admissions and they have a deadline of August 31st for Jan 2020 entry. I sent in a direct application and received an interview date for September 19th. If you're planning on applying to the 2020 cycle I suggest you submit everything ASAP, in case they take longer to get back to you!

Hi I did my interview that day as well and I was session 3 I was wondering if you've heard back yet? Cus they said they'll reply by 20th sept afternoon but they haven't...
(edited 4 years ago)
Anyone who did thier interview on 19th sept heard back yet? Cus it was told they would reply by 20th sept afternoon but they haven't
Original post by sharkibarki
Anyone who did thier interview on 19th sept heard back yet? Cus it was told they would reply by 20th sept afternoon but they haven't

I just got an email from them. I got an offer but conditional to my ielts scores
Original post by Kianoosh119
I just got an email from them. I got an offer but conditional to my ielts scores

wow congrats.. did you expect that u will get an offer? if so, why? Can you pls tell me what ur recent ielts score is?
Oh same I've got an offer now too so I will be starting Jan 2020 anyone else starting Jan 2020?
Original post by Elijahtsaw
wow congrats.. did you expect that u will get an offer? if so, why? Can you pls tell me what ur recent ielts score is?

I have done ielts 4 times before and my score was always 9.0 in listening 8.5 reading 6.5 writing and 7.5 speaking . So the only problem was my ielts writing . That’s why they made an conditional offer.
Regarding to expecting an offer . Yeah I was expecting it since I practiced a lot prior to my interview with my medic friends and I have experienced MMI in three other universities in last couple of years.
I have done ielts 4 times before and my score was always 9.0 in listening 8.5 reading 6.5 writing and 7.5 speaking . So the only problem was my ielts writing . That’s why they made an conditional offer.
Regarding to expecting an offer . Yeah I was expecting it since I practiced a lot prior to my interview with my medic friends and I have experienced MMI in three other universities in last couple of years.

Did they set any deadline for you to have the required ielts score?
Did they set any deadline for you to have the required ielts score?

Before sending me an interview invitation they requested booking confirmation of my IELTS test and it’s on 28th of Sep . So i think they will consider it as a deadline.
Before sending me an interview invitation they requested booking confirmation of my IELTS test and it’s on 28th of Sep . So i think they will consider it as a deadline.

really? my interview is on 3rd Oct but I took my ielts last 2 days ago already. I hope they will still let us take ielts again before the certain month
really? my interview is on 3rd Oct but I took my ielts last 2 days ago already. I hope they will still let us take ielts again before the certain month

As I spoke to them over the phone the issue with providing ielts is the short time that we have to apply for a student visa because it is a time consuming process so we have to get the scores ASAP since we don’t have enough time to apply for a visa. Secondly, there is no way to skip the ielts test because GMC requires all med students to have those scores.
there is computer delivered ielts. it only takes 5 working days to get our results. also has many test dates in a month. the thing about Ielts is that there is a certain way to achieve band 7 but I just can't get used to it. I achieved B for my first Language English in IGCSE.. too bad they dont accept it as an alternative like other schools do.
there is computer delivered ielts. it only takes 5 working days to get our results. also has many test dates in a month. the thing about Ielts is that there is a certain way to achieve band 7 but I just can't get used to it. I achieved B for my first Language English in IGCSE.. too bad they dont accept it as an alternative like other schools do.

Try to get a personal tutor for it. It might help. I got mine from this website: https://ieltsmedical.co.uk
Hey!!! First of CONGRATS to everyone who got an offer, I also got an offer today yayyy!!!!

For those who haven’t heard back yet don’t lose hope just know u’re still being considered and that they’re having a lot of applications to process.

I had my interview yesterday and also have a conditional offer with a 7 for my IELTS. Have taken them twice already and remarked the last one, got 9s and 8.5s just keep getting a 6.5 in writing so I hope this time I’ll get it 😊
My booking is for end of October so idk how the whole deadline for it works, don’t think they have one as long as u manage to sort everything on time
Try to get a personal tutor for it. It might help. I got mine from this website: https://ieltsmedical.co.uk

Thanks for the link! Did the tutoring help? Did u manage to get a 7?
(edited 4 years ago)
Thanks for the link! Did the tutoring help? Did u manage to get a 7?

I still haven’t sat my test yet but I can say that they’re experts and they know some tips and tricks to maximise the chance of getting a 7.0 that’s the least I could do. If the only thing that is standing between me and medicine is a stupid half a mark of ielts it’s worth to try every resources.
Reply 78
Original post by medbean420
Hey ya'll, I'm a med student at bucks, I'd be happy to answer any questions about the course that you guys have:smile:

Hi, do you live in the university campus ? Which accommodation is the best one, I mean well maintained ? And what are usually the holidays and class timings on Monday to Friday? How hectic is the schedule ? Thanks
Reply 79
Hey!!! First of CONGRATS to everyone who got an offer, I also got an offer today yayyy!!!!

For those who haven’t heard back yet don’t lose hope just know u’re still being considered and that they’re having a lot of applications to process.

I had my interview yesterday and also have a conditional offer with a 7 for my IELTS. Have taken them twice already and remarked the last one, got 9s and 8.5s just keep getting a 6.5 in writing so I hope this time I’ll get it 😊
My booking is for end of October so idk how the whole deadline for it works, don’t think they have one as long as u manage to sort everything on time

Don’t worry, you will crack it. I think last date for submission of all formalities is Nov.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending