The Student Room Group

How to Deal with a Subject I hate

I'm predicted an 8 in German, but this feels really unachievable to me. My homework is not at that standard and neither are my tests. My teacher keeps telling me I'm 'just on the edge of a much better grade' but she's been saying this for the last year and it doesn't seem to be true. I sometimes spend a really long time on my homework and it's still awful, and that just makes me feel worse, but I have a theory about that. I feel awful at German and hate it so I get stressed and worried about the prep and try to compare myself to other people, so I can't concentrate on it, so I get things wrong, so I get bad grades. If I do a piece of work that only I'm doing (eg. an essay from my CGP book that she marks) then I get much better grades and I think that's because I'm so much less stressed and worried about it. However, I don't feel like I can talk to the teacher because she expects us to be perfect all the time and I think I'll start crying if I have to talk to her. Does anyone have any ideas about how I can make myself stop hating it and get better grades? How can I get help from the teacher without actually having to talk to her?

Quick Reply

Latest