Does anyone else feel like this ?

GCSE or A-Level?
Reply 2
Original post by Infinite Series
GCSE or A-Level?

It’s my first year in College studying both Further and standard A level maths
Original post by MathsLove
It’s my first year in College studying both Further and standard A level maths

I'm a second year A-Level student (Y13), and am studying Maths but not FM. I've consistently got A's throughout Y12 for maths so you could still apply any techniques I share when you're studying Further Maths as well.

Tell me how you'd normally study for a maths exam and specifically what you struggle with in the process.
Have you tried watching youtube videos? I use the 'Jack Brown' Youtube Channel from time to time. Visual learners tend to find videos quite helpful.
Reply 4
I'm a second year A-Level student (Y13), and am studying Maths but not FM. I've consistently got A's throughout Y12 for maths so you could still apply any techniques I share when you're studying Further Maths as well.

Tell me how you'd normally study for a maths exam and specifically what you struggle with in the process.
Have you tried watching youtube videos? I use the 'Jack Brown' Youtube Channel from time to time. Visual learners tend to find videos quite helpful.

First of all thanks for taking your time for this

I usually revise using different methods: I use books (for reference and get the key info), whiteboards (to practice), YouTube videos to explore and understand a concept in-depth, past exam question to practice exam style questions

But since I started college I have been struggling to be and revise in my own. I prefer library instead of resourceful home so I can be around someone, I just hate been on my own. It makes me feel sad
(edited 5 years ago)
First of all thanks for taking your time for this

I usually revise using different methods: I use books (for reference and get the key info), whiteboards (to practice), YouTube videos to explore and understand a concept in-depth, past exam question to practice exam style questions

But since I started college I have been struggling to be and revise in my own. I prefer library instead of resourceful home so I can be around someone, I just hate been on my own. It makes me feel sad

No problem, message me anytime if you need any help :smile:

It's important to make revision notes throughout the year so that you can recap your knowledge quickly when it comes to the End Of Year exams- you don't want to waste time re-learning everything from scratch.

It's important to spend most of your time doing practice questions, and use a variety of resources to do this. But focus mainly on doing hard questions to prepare myself for worst case scenarios in the real exam. I also write down questions that I struggled with or made silly mistakes on, and I revise that topic again a few days using just the questions sheet. I also skim over this on the exam day, so I can familiarize myself with the hard questions and remember where I make silly mistakes so that I won't mess up and do this in the real exam.

Where I get my Maths practice questions (LINKS ATTACHED):

Past and Specimen Papers for all AQA, OCR, Edexcel and MEI.

My AQA textbook exercises

I just wanted to clarify- is the problem that you're struggling to study maths or that you're feeling lonely this year?

You could ask your school friends if they're interested in studying together in the library, or you could have a study group chat. This way, you could be at home and still have the company of your friends with you :smile:
Reply 6
No problem, message me anytime if you need any help :smile:

It's important to make revision notes throughout the year so that you can recap your knowledge quickly when it comes to the End Of Year exams- you don't want to waste time re-learning everything from scratch.

It's important to spend most of your time doing practice questions, and use a variety of resources to do this. But focus mainly on doing hard questions to prepare myself for worst case scenarios in the real exam. I also write down questions that I struggled with or made silly mistakes on, and I revise that topic again a few days using just the questions sheet. I also skim over this on the exam day, so I can familiarize myself with the hard questions and remember where I make silly mistakes so that I won't mess up and do this in the real exam.

Where I get my Maths practice questions (LINKS ATTACHED):

Past and Specimen Papers for all AQA, OCR, Edexcel and MEI.

My AQA textbook exercises

I just wanted to clarify- is the problem that you're struggling to study maths or that you're feeling lonely this year?

You could ask your school friends if they're interested in studying together in the library, or you could have a study group chat. This way, you could be at home and still have the company of your friends with you :smile:

Appreciate it very much

I live 2 hours away from college none of the colleges around me do further maths, most of my classmates live local the college.
Appreciate it very much

I live 2 hours away from college none of the colleges around me do further maths, most of my classmates live local the college.

Try out the study group idea :smile:
Reply 8
Try out the study group idea :smile:

I have already proposed to couple of guys a similar idea since everyone is already struggling with further mathematics but it only gonna be once or twice a week during free time at college if they do go ahead with it.

From your personal point of view why do you think I am hating to revise in a quite environment

From your personal point of view why do you think I am hating to revise in a quite environment

I can't answer that question as everyone has different styles of revision. I personally thrive in a quiet environment as i'm away from all distractions.
But I think the problem you have with quiet environments is that you feel lonely in that situation.

To combat that problem, try watching study youtubers like Unjaded Jade, Ruby Granger, Eve Bennett and Ibz Mo. They keep me feeling happy and also motivate me to study as well.

Quick Reply

Latest