The Student Room Group

loughborough or leicester

ok basically i dunno what to put as my 1st choice loughborough or leicester for economics, would be nice if people who are at these unies reply or people that have a clue give me some advice on which is the better choice!
ive visited leicester and i liked it, missed the loughborough open day but my friends said it was good, i was thinking of flipping a coin! cant make up a decision!
also say if i miss my offer by a grade which uni do you guys think will be more likey to let me in?

thanks!
Reply 1
Leicester! I know I may be slighly biased...but it seems like such an awesome place. They're both in the same sort of leagues as each other, but I bet Leicester would be more lenient if you dropped a grade :wink:
Leicester are (in my opinion) ridiculously slack with entry requirements on the whole if last year was anything to go by. I know lots of people who didnt make their offer, and some people missed it by a whole lot. Loughboroughs ranked more highly in league tables, and Ive never been to visit myself so I have no idea about it other than that.

Leicester is really nice though, and I really like it here. I think your best bet is to still go and see loughborough, either on another open day or on a private tour.
Then it should hopefully be easier to make a decision.
Reply 3
I don't know whether they will really tighten up with their entry requirements this year, looking at how much the offer grades have gone up for nearly every course.

Go and see Loughborough though, and look closely at the courses.
Reply 4
Loughborough > Leicester

Go and see both though and then makje a decision :smile:
Reply 5
ElemenT'
Loughborough > Leicester

Why?
Reply 6
ive decided im going to go and check out loughborough for myself and then make a decision from that
Reply 7
lukas89
ive decided im going to go and check out loughborough for myself and then make a decision from that

Good plan.

Leicester is the nicer out of the two :wink:

Latest

Trending

Trending