The Student Room Group

The GCSE November 2018 Maths resit for Edexcel 9-1 Paper 1

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Dawn Silk
i got 34 forgot to round it up:frown:

Interesting, hopefully that means I was right then 😝 I think it was 2 marks for that bit of the questions so maybe you’ll get a mark for being so close!!
Original post by kimwildx
Oh we had to find the height of the triangle using pythagorus and that came to 12 ish and the answer to the area was 40 something ?[

it wasnt right angle u cant use Pythagoras it was equilateral
Original post by Sammy123-
Oh we had to find the height of the triangle using pythagorus and that came to 12 ish and the answer to the area was 40 something ?[

it wasnt right angle u cant use Pythagoras it was equilateral

Yeah I cut the triangle in half to make it right angled ??
ok i had no clue i knew one the bottom was like 14.1 something i cant remember
i didnt know i gave up and done 1/2 ab sin c and got like 12 something

ok i had no clue i knew one the bottom was like 14.1 something i cant remember

The base was 14, I halved it so the base was 7 so I could work out the height. But I’ve just realised that I think I put the area as only the area of half the triangle, I think I forgot to work out the whole triangle after finding the height eugh! 😮😪

i did that same thing then left it after calculting it all. hopefully i get method marks.
Original post by Dawn Silk
i did that same thing then left it after calculting it all. hopefully i get method marks.

Can you remember any of your other answers? We seem to be getting the same answers aha 😝
The base was 14, I halved it so the base was 7 so I could work out the height. But I’ve just realised that I think I put the area as only the area of half the triangle, I think I forgot to work out the whole triangle after finding the height eugh! 😮😪

ul get 2 marks then il probably get 1 from the 14 .1 thing what was the p and 1 ratio one i was stuck on it for so long
ul get 2 marks then il probably get 1 from the 14 .1 thing what was the p and 1 ratio one i was stuck on it for so long

I didn’t do that one 😳
i tried it and then just put like 2.5
i tried it and then just put like 2.5

I knew it would take up too much time so thought it was better to just leave it and concentrate on others
how much did u get the guy spend on making 10 tins of paint for the percentage question because he sold it for 66.99 how much did u say he paid for it
how much did u get the guy spend on making 10 tins of paint for the percentage question because he sold it for 66.99 how much did u say he paid for it

I think £196 or something around that number
Exactly so did I but it didn't say overall percentage it said per 10liters because I also had 35 like u guys then read it it said per 10 litres
Exactly so did I but it didn't say overall percentage it said per 10liters because I also had 35 like u guys then read it it said per 10 litres

Hmm, I’m really not sure then 🤷*♀️🤷*♀️
Original post by Freshyeezys01
I did revise for 3 months and I’ve used maths genie aswell to make notes. It’s just that I’m scared that I will forget everything

It's ok! Just don't stress about it and do ur best! Good luck!
whilst this paper was easier then the first it had the same issue of the more simpler questions with more marks just being too time consuming and having too much writing and explanation.
because for 10 tins its 26+24 50 over 66.99 x100 -100 i know for sure its 25% has to be oh well i guess

The £24 was for 5 litres of one colour and the £26 was for 10 litres so the £24 had to be changed to £48 to make them both 10 litres so it’s £48 + £26
No it was 26 yellow for 5l and 48 for 5l of blue so u do 26 plus 24 50 over 66.99 I promise u

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending