The Student Room Group

do comic books still have a large fan base.

I'm a huge comic book fan. comic books are mostly a 50s to 90s thing but do comics still have a massive fan base. I want to hear from people who still comics. what your favourite comic book? who's your favourite comic character? why? mine is judge dredd. I love the gritty characters in that comic

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Liam Bermo
I'm a huge comic book fan. comic books are mostly a 50s to 90s thing but do comics still have a massive fan base. I want to hear from people who still comics. what your favourite comic book? who's your favourite comic character? why? mine is judge dredd. I love the gritty characters in that comic

I have so many comic books that I've bought. Currently re-reading Watchmen. My favourite comic book is 'Batman: Black Mirror.' Favourite character is Batman, though Nightwing comes to a close second.
Reply 2
Original post by PsychicWars
I have so many comic books that I've bought. Currently re-reading Watchmen. My favourite comic book is 'Batman: Black Mirror.' Favourite character is Batman, though Nightwing comes to a close second.

oh my god I love the Watchmen comic it's sooooo good. that part where Rorschach is biting that kid is so much more gruesome in the comic than in the movie!

I was a passionate collector of the Franco-Belgian comics Asterix and Lucky Luke. The first character was my favorite. Although I don't read them anymore, I have never bought those. :biggrin:
Reply 4
Original post by Kallisto
I was a passionate collector of the Franco-Belgian comics Asterix and Lucky Luke. The first character was my favorite. Although I don't read them anymore, I have never bought those. :biggrin:

oh yeah I used to read some of those types of comics aswell. stuff like the Beano, dandy etc
Ofc they do! I've been reading comics since I was 6 (I think). I'm 21 now. I have just about every single Spidey comic released since 2003 lol.

My fave comic book is probably Marvel Civil War. I remember being excited to come hom from school and read it. It was such a massive events for the comic book world! (team Cap all the way).

As for my fave character, I have a few. They are Captain America, The Flash, Spidey, Deadpool and Daredevil. Iron Fist comes pretty close too.
Reply 6
Original post by JoshDarnIt
Ofc they do! I've been reading comics since I was 6 (I think). I'm 21 now. I have just about every single Spidey comic released since 2003 lol.

My fave comic book is probably Marvel Civil War. I remember being excited to come hom from school and read it. It was such a massive events for the comic book world! (team Cap all the way).

As for my fave character, I have a few. They are Captain America, The Flash, Spidey, Deadpool and Daredevil. Iron Fist comes pretty close too.

you interested in any of the TV shows. I know Luke cage and iron fist have been cancelled which makes me.so sad but we still have Jessica Jones and daredevil. punisher aswell
oh yeah I used to read some of those types of comics aswell. stuff like the Beano, dandy etc

Remember me that I have even read Tintin, very old stuff. Those comics were produced and published in 20s and 30s, despite the new editions I bought when I was a big fan. In presence, no comic is left, have given those away.
you interested in any of the TV shows. I know Luke cage and iron fist have been cancelled which makes me.so sad but we still have Jessica Jones and daredevil. punisher aswell

Yeah I love them! Daredevil is my fave. Have you watched S3? It was so good! I'm sad that they got cancelled too, especially Iron Fist. I'm one of the rare people who enjoyed it lol. Luke Cage and JJ are good too but are my least faves. I really hope they don't cancel DD. We need a season 4 goddammit :cry2:
Reply 9
Yeah I love them! Daredevil is my fave. Have you watched S3? It was so good! I'm sad that they got cancelled too, especially Iron Fist. I'm one of the rare people who enjoyed it lol. Luke Cage and JJ are good too but are my least faves. I really hope they don't cancel DD. We need a season 4 goddammit :cry2:

I haven't seen dd S3 yet actually. my WiFi isn't strong enough to play it ha ha.
Original post by Kallisto
Remember me that I have even read Tintin, very old stuff. Those comics were produced and published in 20s and 30s, despite the new editions I bought when I was a big fan. In presence, no comic is left, have given those away.

oh yeah tin tin. love that one aswell
I haven't seen dd S3 yet actually. my WiFi isn't strong enough to play it ha ha.

Lol well I won't spoil it for you then. If you enjoyed S1 and 2, then you'll love S3.
Lol well I won't spoil it for you then. If you enjoyed S1 and 2, then you'll love S3.

they removed my ask for help.... why would they do that
they removed my ask for help.... why would they do that

I'm not sure man. I've noticed mods seem to remove threads that talk about suicide. I'm sure its only cos its not the right place to talk about such a deep topic (which I disagree with cos you never know, it might actually help the person).
I'm not sure man. I've noticed mods seem to remove threads that talk about suicide. I'm sure its only cos its not the right place to talk about such a deep topic (which I disagree with cos you never know, it might actually help the person).

huh. well that's a little bit silly
huh. well that's a little bit silly

Sure is :s-smilie:
Sure is :s-smilie:

I must try to sleep now. I have to go see me gp tommorow. I have it Thursdays. I have to have constant check ups because I'm finding it so hard right now. my only contact with another human. god I I wish there was someone I could hang out with
I must try to sleep now. I have to go see me gp tommorow. I have it Thursdays. I have to have constant check ups because I'm finding it so hard right now. my only contact with another human. god I I wish there was someone I could hang out with

That's np bud, you get a good night's sleep :smile: I hope everything goes well. I'm usually on here every day so if you need someone to talk to feel free to pm me. And hey man, you sound like an awesome dude. I would totally chill with you irl :biggrin: Anyways take care!
Hey!

I'm in my final year of my Cartoon & Comic Arts degree atm, and I can definitively say, the comic industry is thriving better than ever. With the internet oppening up options for webcomics, and the MCU and DCCU bringing more casual fans into actually reading comics - it's great!

My current favourite comic is 'The Wicked + The Divine' by Gillen and McKelvie. So intelligent and entertaining!
My favourite comic character is Elixir, of the X-Men. He's edgy and deep, unbelievably powerful, and also super cute!

- Gee
Original post by StaffsUniGee
Hey!

I'm in my final year of my Cartoon & Comic Arts degree atm, and I can definitively say, the comic industry is thriving better than ever. With the internet oppening up options for webcomics, and the MCU and DCCU bringing more casual fans into actually reading comics - it's great!

Might comics ever be outdated? I don't think so, as there are so many different kinds of those, the thriving Marvel and DC comics you named, the popular Mangas and the old fashion, but charming Franco-Belgian comics (Asterix, Lucky Luke, Tintin, Spirou et Fantasio). They are even top in a time of electronical media, they have still a fanbase. If they are able to compete with such modern media, they can always do it.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending