The Student Room Group

a-level chemistry titration required practical

I'm due to do the titration prac. tomorrow in chemistry but I'm worried I'm going to mess it up and get a completely off value.
Will the teacher fail my practical skills if I get a completely wrong answer and if it looks like I don't know what I'm doing?
It's our first practical for the AS course but I'm still worried it will affect my practical skills at the end of the 2 yr course.
Does anyone have any experience or knowledge on the matter?
Original post by hcjkdhckhuksd
I'm due to do the titration prac. tomorrow in chemistry but I'm worried I'm going to mess it up and get a completely off value.
Will the teacher fail my practical skills if I get a completely wrong answer and if it looks like I don't know what I'm doing?
It's our first practical for the AS course but I'm still worried it will affect my practical skills at the end of the 2 yr course.

Not sure what exam board you’re on but don’t stress.

As long as you wear your safety specs and don’t do anything really stupid (eg pour acid over yourself) you’ll be fine.

For Ocr we did loads of practicals and oh just had to hit each marking point once across all the practicals. And you will do so many titrations you will perfect the art.

Just make sure you don’t overfill the Büfette cause that’s a pain to clean up!

We did this today, you’ll be absolutely fine if you follow the teachers instructions because they’re mainly accessing your safety skills. So don’t walk around without your safety goggles or carry too much equipment at the same time etc.

https://qualifications.pearson.com/content/dam/pdf/A%20Level/biology-a/2015/teaching-and-learning-materials/CPAC-Pen-Portraits.pdf

If you're doing AS edexcel that link might come in handy...

Quick Reply

Latest