The Student Room Group

Tips for physical A level chemistry OCR A?

I got 69% which is a B on my last chemistry mock which was a paper 2 organic chemistry and I got thus with minimal revision I could have got higher If I improved my timing and not made silly mistakes due to gaps in knowledge. I aim to get an A however physical chemistry is really hard in comparison to organic chem where you just need to memeorise mechanism , physical chemistry requires application questions and literally using intelect and porbelm solving skills . I'm fine with module 3 it's honestly module 5 especially the orders and acids and bases and redox which is troubling me. Probably beacuse I'm not a maths person so I find it hard to manipulate formulas and do all the steps on questions that aren't generic . Plus is it necessary to know the logic behind these topics for chem and understand it fully like you would in biology ? Any tips will be greatly appreciated for physical chemistry and how to improve and tackle it . And especially on harder titration questions they always trip me up
Thanks
(edited 1 month ago)
The best way to tackle Physical chemistry is through practice, unlike organic chemistry there aren’t as many “Pure facts” to remember. Especially with Ka/Kp calculations and redox equations, practice, practice, practice and you’ll get the hang of it, no way around it I’m afraid. Once you know the steps you will be fine, I’d suggest chemrevise for your basic knowledge then all pmt questions and YouTube videos tackling each chapter individually
Original post by BenzeneRing12
The best way to tackle Physical chemistry is through practice, unlike organic chemistry there aren’t as many “Pure facts” to remember. Especially with Ka/Kp calculations and redox equations, practice, practice, practice and you’ll get the hang of it, no way around it I’m afraid. Once you know the steps you will be fine, I’d suggest chemrevise for your basic knowledge then all pmt questions and YouTube videos tackling each chapter individually
Thank you so much

Quick Reply

Latest