The Student Room Group
Students in Lecture Theatre, University of Liverpool
University of Liverpool
Liverpool

Student Accomodation

Hi,

I recently got a offer and I really want to go to this uni however I am really concerned about finance. I could get accomodation in Liverpool however it seems extremely expensive and I don't think my maintainance loan would cover it + daily neccesities.I checked using a maintaince loan calculator and I would apparently get above £6k. How hard would it be to get a part-time job and is it really difficult to maintain money while being a student? Instead of getting accomodation here I could get a train from home however that'd take 1h 30m and I would have to take this journey everyday. I really want to put Liverpool as my first choice but the costs seem to be a problem. What should I do?

Thank you
Reply 1
Original post by lak12
Hi,

I recently got a offer and I really want to go to this uni however I am really concerned about finance. I could get accomodation in Liverpool however it seems extremely expensive and I don't think my maintainance loan would cover it + daily neccesities.I checked using a maintaince loan calculator and I would apparently get above £6k. How hard would it be to get a part-time job and is it really difficult to maintain money while being a student? Instead of getting accomodation here I could get a train from home however that'd take 1h 30m and I would have to take this journey everyday. I really want to put Liverpool as my first choice but the costs seem to be a problem. What should I do?

Thank you

Hi there,

Have you looked at private student halls? There are some with mainly UoL students and they're pretty cheap. Most students can live off their maintenance loan and if you can't, its really not too hard to get a part time job so I wouldn't worry too much if I were you :smile:
Students in Lecture Theatre, University of Liverpool
University of Liverpool
Liverpool
Original post by lak12
Hi,

Thank you

Might be worth checking the liverpool student homes website to find if anyone is looking for a housemate next year, or check in the private sector accommodation. Liverpool uni owned accomodation is very expensive. So there are plenty alternatives for you to choose from that will support your loan

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending