The Student Room Group

Student finance reprocessing my application after changing courses

I transferred courses a few days after results day for my first year at uni. I changed that information on my student finance account but then it said that my application was being processed again. Before results day it was just up to confirming all details. I haven’t heard anything about my application and now I’m worried about being payed on time for my maintenance loan. My first instalment for rent on my accomodation is due the same day as I’m scheduled to get my first maintenance loan. It’s also the first day I start university. I was wondering if people on here knew much about how long it takes to process the application again and confirm all details and if there’s anyway I can speed the process up. I was going to chase up student finance after enrolling with university.
Original post by Haider203
I transferred courses a few days after results day for my first year at uni. I changed that information on my student finance account but then it said that my application was being processed again. Before results day it was just up to confirming all details. I haven’t heard anything about my application and now I’m worried about being payed on time for my maintenance loan. My first instalment for rent on my accomodation is due the same day as I’m scheduled to get my first maintenance loan. It’s also the first day I start university. I was wondering if people on here knew much about how long it takes to process the application again and confirm all details and if there’s anyway I can speed the process up. I was going to chase up student finance after enrolling with university.

It doesn't usually take long to process a change of uni. When did you submit the change? If there is a delay between your accomodation due date and the payment of your loan, consider using the overdraft facility on your student bank account to bridge the gap.
Reply 2
Original post by normaw
It doesn't usually take long to process a change of uni. When did you submit the change? If there is a delay between your accomodation due date and the payment of your loan, consider using the overdraft facility on your student bank account to bridge the gap.

I submitted the change of course a week and a half ago and it’s still processing the application again. I’m afraid I couldn’t get a student account with my bank. I have a guarantor for my accomodation but I’d rather avoid them paying it

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending