The Student Room Group

Accomodation and Studentship

Hi All,

I have been offered a fully funded position by the Fusion CDT at the University of Manchester as an international student. I just wanted some clarity if the Studentship covers accomodation or not. Any information would be greatly appreciated.
Original post by Mxr312
Hi All,

I have been offered a fully funded position by the Fusion CDT at the University of Manchester as an international student. I just wanted some clarity if the Studentship covers accomodation or not. Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Congrats on the studentship. If fully funded this should provide a bursary that is large enough to cover your living expenses and fees, including accomodation, but it typically does not have a specific accomodation element. You get to decide where to live and how much to spend on that versus your other general expenses, food, entertainment, travel etc. For questions like this, best ask the CDT director rather than TSR to get an accurate answer. Also ask for contact details of older students if you are not cohort 1 for some local advice on where to live.
(edited 10 months ago)
Reply 2
Original post by Mr Wednesday
Congrats on the studentship. If fully funded this should provide a bursary that is large enough to cover your living expenses and fees, including accomodation, but it typically does not have a specific accomodation element. You get to decide where to live and how much to spend on that versus your other general expenses, food, entertainment, travel etc. For questions like this, best ask the CDT director rather than TSR to get an accurate answer. Also ask for contact details of older students if you are not cohort 1 for some local advice on where to live.

Thank you for all the advice. I'm actually the 3rd cohort so I'll look to contact some of the older students to make things a bit easier.
Cheers Mate

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending