The Student Room Group

This is Probably it :'(

Denzel washington quote: I'm Drunk. I'm drunk right now. I'm drunk right nowwww

I am an Alcoholic as i realised this when i worked in America in the summer

I have been in university for 4 painful years, this is my last year. I have not attended a lecture until today. I was drunk when i attended the lecture and everyone was just looking at me thinking 'wtf'. I struggle to make friends because of social anxiety (albeit avoidant personality and autistic trait some sort etc) and i dont want to even attend my graduation. But because i'm African, my mum is forcing me to go to Benin Republic by May/June because my graduation is July and my parents want to come. Tell me how the **** can you attend a graduation with no friends???

Can you imagine? i hold the world record for not making one friend in my four years at university?? I'm so drunk, i'm currently in my flat drinking and playing sonic heroes. I have been rejected from graduate schemes such as The civil service fast stream. I had planned to become a secondary school teacher but i never realised how BAD my social skills are. To make things worse my little brother is also special needs and my mum has a medical condition.

I think i wanna just accept i'm a loner. please just tell me how life is like a loner. Who is a loner, please just reply. I'm a nearly 30 year old virgin and i have not had friends since 2004.
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 1
You're life doesn't seem that bad.

Edit: Apart from the sonic heroes thing that game is trash.
Original post by adam277

Sonic heroes was alright on Xbox, controls were ass though.
Original post by adam277

hahaha

interestingly, it was the best game of 2005 at the time
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by Showaddywaddy
Sonic heroes was alright on Xbox, controls were ass though.

thank God i still have Xbox 360, i bought it recently alongside other childhood games.

The PC Version was ****ing awful
Original post by Quiet Benin
thank God i still have Xbox 360, i bought it recently alongside other childhood games.

The PC Version was ****ing awful

I have it for my Xbox original, bought in 2005 when I was 6. Never played the PC version nor do I want to.
You definitely still have chance to make friends. If you're struggling with mental health/addiction you should definitely try and see a medical professional if you have access to it/can afford it - universities usually have help available too. Don't give up, it's not going to be this bad forever, give yourself a chance to improve your situation and ask for help!
You are about to graduate uni....WELL DONE! It is not an easy feat and many, many people try and don't get through it so right off the bat you should feel very proud of your achievement. It wasn't easy and you deserve to accept that you have achieved a great goal! So, your next step may be side tracked but it doesn't mean you give up..... it means you dig down deeper and figure out what you have to do to get to your next step in life. There are many solutions you just have to take the time to look what needs to happen.

If you feel you are truly an alcoholic then you must seek immediate help!! Please seek help! You can begin with telling a medical doctor your concerns. Alcohol, as you already know, is no substiution for human contact and it will cause a great deal of unnecessary, avoidable drama that will have a long term negative impact on your life. It is not too late to turn your life around and lead a successful productive life but you must be willing to put the work and mental effort into getting sober. There is a lot of help out there. Are you in America now? If so there are many places to seek help.

As far as your social situation I feel if you could seek out a counselor that could let you vent your frustration and offer up helpful positive suggestions for improving yourself would be such a bonus for you. Don't worry about the 'stigma' of seeing a counselor....(as if there is a stigma).... SO MANY people see and benefit from counseling. Use it as a tool to help you socially and to help you sort out what you need to do for your next step in life. You already know you have an avoident personality. It is definitely hard for others to be your friend if you avoid the contact and interaction with them. Let a counselor help you learn how to work with your personaliyt type.

Get sober and stay sober. I know three very successful men who were alcoholics and chose to get sober. They used that negative experience and self-disppointment to grow stronger and as I said all three went on to become very successful men in business. FYI they all got involved and stayed involved in a AA Program. You have a lot of positives you can work to achieve going forward. It won't be easy but the outcome will be worth every bit of effort but YOU have to be the one who makes the change in your own life (with help). You've come here to TSR to ask opinions and vent and ask for some help. Go to the professionals who can actually help you to turn your life around. Best of luck!
Original post by hannah____
You definitely still have chance to make friends. If you're struggling with mental health/addiction you should definitely try and see a medical professional if you have access to it/can afford it - universities usually have help available too. Don't give up, it's not going to be this bad forever, give yourself a chance to improve your situation and ask for help!

Not in my mid 20s though. Everyone makes friends when their younger. Adults making friends is difficult so probably this is my life.

I just think it's all over. I'm Drunk again (although **** knows how i can type so good when drunk) and when i used the university services to help elimate my mental health, it didn't work. It may take forever to get mentally well but i do understand what u mean

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending