The Student Room Group

Masters degree UK

Hello everyone, I have a bit of an issue, I passed all my modules except one module and my credits sum up to 165 credits would I still be eligible to get a masters degree or probably re-write the module I failed considering that I failed the module at 2nd attempt.
Original post by Anonymous
Hello everyone, I have a bit of an issue, I passed all my modules except one module and my credits sum up to 165 credits would I still be eligible to get a masters degree or probably re-write the module I failed considering that I failed the module at 2nd attempt.

Probably not as you need 180 credits to be awarded a Masters. If you have already had a second attempt, then you will need to check your individual University handbook / rules to see if you can re-write the module (or complete a separate module). If they say no, you will probably be awarded a Post graduate Diploma as an exit award.
check with your Uni, probably student helpdesk or similar - the rules will be quite clear, unless you have extenuating circumstance there isn't likely to be much leeway on those rules

You were allowed to retake a failed module once so the Uni will be able to advise if you can submit again
Reply 3
Alright thank you for the responses appreciate it, another question if I am to get a post graduate diploma is it possible to transfer credits to get the masters degree instead ?
Reply 4
Original post by bamtutor
Probably not as you need 180 credits to be awarded a Masters. If you have already had a second attempt, then you will need to check your individual University handbook / rules to see if you can re-write the module (or complete a separate module). If they say no, you will probably be awarded a Post graduate Diploma as an exit award.

Alright thank you for the responses appreciate it, another question if I am to get a post graduate diploma is it possible to transfer credits to get the masters degree instead ?
Reply 5
Original post by ChiefBrody
check with your Uni, probably student helpdesk or similar - the rules will be quite clear, unless you have extenuating circumstance there isn't likely to be much leeway on those rules

You were allowed to retake a failed module once so the Uni will be able to advise if you can submit again

Alright thank you
Original post by Anonymous

You might be able to get another University to accept the PGDip for entry to another Masters, but if they do, you will probably need to do the full 60 credits .

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending