The Student Room Group

Financial Crime

Knowing that financial crime on the rise as a worldwise problem, which causing harm to individuals, wider society and organisations, the question would be whether it should be a priority for law enforcement and regulators or not?
In fact, our company law is one of the largest(1300 sections) and most comprehensive Acts of parliament. But I've heard quite often about the ineffectiveness of law and regulations at global level where experts are hinting towards the need for good corporate governance. Meanwhile, looking at recent example of white collar crimes such as Cambridge Analyitica and FB, it appears that "MORE MONEY THAN GOD" plays big role in meddling rules and making them too big to fail.

May I ask about the financial crime you're talking about?
In partiulcar Fraud and Money Laundering are my central focus crimes. Thanks for your previous comments. Any ideas relating to these crimes or other/s?
Original post by KyleGreenwood123
In partiulcar Fraud and Money Laundering are my central focus crimes. Thanks for your previous comments. Any ideas relating to these crimes or other/s?

i didnt study money laundering in depth, but maybe talk about current challenges regarding that and what legislative developments there has been.

As well as money laundering beckming more and more sophisticated.

Sorry if I cant be of much help, this is what I can think of on top of my head on possible discussions.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending