The Student Room Group

anyone knows chaitanya mahaprabhu????

I'm from india....i know ISKON is now everywhere all over the world....ISKON enchants His words......do u know him???
Reply 1
I know of him because I am familair with Vaishnava traditions.

I also remember the GOURANGA thing on the original GTA, ha.
Reply 2
Original post by gjd800
I know of him because I am familair with Vaishnava traditions.

I also remember the GOURANGA thing on the original GTA, ha.

Do u know hindu gods and goddesses.....He is considered as combined incarnation of krishna(Hindu god) and radha(Hindu Goddess)......He is famous ......cos he did not believe social division....among castes,creeds,wealth.....
Screenshot_20190107-005812-compressed-compressed.jpg.jpeg
Reply 3
Original post by humbleboy
Do u know hindu gods and goddesses.....He is considered as combined incarnation of krishna(Hindu god) and radha(Hindu Goddess)......He is famous ......cos he did not believe social division....among castes,creeds,wealth.....
Screenshot_20190107-005812-compressed-compressed.jpg.jpeg

Yeah - I teach Indian religion and philosophy at degree level, it's my main research interest!
I'm from india....i know ISKON is now everywhere all over the world....ISKON enchants His words......do u know him???

that is the Hare Krishna guys ?

you can read here about how it is....

https://harekrishnamadness.wordpress.com/2012/03/25/oh-well-brainwashing-has-started/
Reply 5
Original post by gjd800
Yeah - I teach Indian religion and philosophy at degree level, it's my main research interest!

so it's nice to meet u....cos i'm an indian.....
Reply 6
so it's nice to meet u....cos i'm an indian.....

Nice ot 'meet' you, too - I had thought that you might be Indian!
Reply 7
Original post by gjd800
Nice ot 'meet' you, too - I had thought that you might be Indian!

Are u from uk.....I love uk too much.....
Reply 8
Are u from uk.....I love uk too much.....

I am indeed. It's a bit crazy because my entire background in philosophy is basically Indian philosophy (Buddhism, Hinduism, Jainism), but I've not yet been to India :laugh:
Reply 9
Original post by gjd800
I am indeed. It's a bit crazy because my entire background in philosophy is basically Indian philosophy (Buddhism, Hinduism, Jainism), but I've not yet been to India :laugh:

my dream is to study physics in uk.....but don't know will it ever come true or not......but bro can u tell me....what do u know about him....i like him too much....not because he is considered our god.....i like him cos he was the ideal modern man of that time....he wanted people to be integrated.....
(edited 5 years ago)
I've heard of ISKON yes
Reply 11
Original post by JoshDarnIt
I've heard of ISKON yes

ISKON enchants the hymn"hare krishna" but mahaprabhu was the first person who enchanted it.....for the first time....
Reply 12
my dream is to study physics in uk.....but don't know will it ever come true or not......but bro can u tell me....what do u know about him....i like him too much....not because his is considered our god.....i like him cos he was the ideal modern man of that time....he wanted people to be integrated.....

I know he has had a lasting and impressive cultural influence in Bengal, and that - oddly - not too many people involved with Indian philosophy talk too much about him. I guess that's ebcause we don't have many authentic writings by him other than the siksastaka.

I'm not that into Vaisnavism as a system (though I have respect for it), but I enjoy any thinker that wants to do away with the caste system, and I do have a soft spot for bhakti practitioners. This is one of the reasons I don't really enoy Vivekananda, because his support for a caste system is at odds with his wider philosophy. I feel some ambivalence toward Sankara for the same reason, though we could argue either way on the issue of caste with him, I suppose.
ISKON enchants the hymn"hare krishna" but mahaprabhu was the first person who enchanted it.....for the first time....

That's interesting! I've heard of that mantra before
Reply 14
That's interesting! I've heard of that mantra before

How do u know this word mantra.....???
How do u know this word mantra.....???

Because I sometimes research Hinduism as I like some of it's philosophies/practices. Plus, there is a person on Youtube I watch called ''Koi Fresco/Vishudda Das'' who practices Hinduism and I remember in one of his videos he said it :smile:
Reply 16
Because I sometimes research Hinduism as I like some of it's philosophies/practices. Plus, there is a person on Youtube I watch called ''Koi Fresco/Vishudda Das'' who practices Hinduism and I remember in one of his videos he said it :smile:

oh....i think u are quite interested in hindu philosophy
oh....i think u are quite interested in hindu philosophy

Yeah it's interesting :smile: Some of my beliefs align with theirs
Reply 18
Yeah it's interesting :smile: Some of my beliefs align with theirs

That sounds good....
(edited 5 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest