The Student Room Group

is economics a good fit for me?

need to pick a 3rd options and I want to do computer science further
maths a level
computer science a level
I do like the idea of economics but English is my worst subject by far and I heard that economics is pretty much like English
(1st PPE results
english lang-4
english lit 5
maths-5
science-6/5
geography-7+
history-5
citizenship-9
computer science 6)
Reply 1
Well it isn't that similar to english, i consider it a easier and more analytical version of maths that includes a large amount of theory and extensive study of social behaviours
Original post by 130613
Well it isn't that similar to english, i consider it a easier and more analytical version of maths that includes a large amount of theory and extensive study of social behaviours

but if it is just an easier version than maths why does it say that I need a 6 in english language
Reply 3
Original post by CodeNameScythe
but if it is just an easier version than maths why does it say that I need a 6 in english language

Because it requires you to have a proper knowledge of how the english language works, as there are many terms and definitions you will need to learn and need to know how to use properly.

and there is also quite an extensive amount of writing you will do
Original post by 130613
Because it requires you to have a proper knowledge of how the english language works, as there are many terms and definitions you will need to learn and need to know how to use properly.

and there is also quite an extensive amount of writing you will do

so with my current levels do you think is should do
computer science
maths
economics

Quick Reply

Latest