The Student Room Group

please help!!

what are your opinions on art GCSE I need to know because I am considering it
I didn't take Art GCSE and i can only comment on how my school does it but I know it takes alot of work and you need to be prepared to commit alot of your time towards it. This may mean you can't spend as much time on your social life or revising for other subjects. But most of my friends who have taken it said, even if they didn't enjoy it, it was worth doing because it does improve their chances of getting a job in the art field. Maybe try talking to your art teachers and seeing what they suggest?
don’t even think about it. unless you are going into art as a career or a course that requires art gcse/a-level do not waste your time, effort and money that will go into it. trust me on this. it’s so hard to get 8-9s when in other subjects you can revise for them but in art it depends on your teacher and the style they like. don’t take it, save yourself while you still can

~from a y11 who deeply regrets taking art
Reply 3
Original post by cleodong
what are your opinions on art GCSE I need to know because I am considering it

Honestly the worst choice i ever made in my life, I think that art is having an impact on my other 10 subjects, and the deadlines are awful. Lots of people do all nighters because of art, and if you’re not looking for a career involving art, I wouldn’t take it, unless you are extremely organised and proactive and get agreed of deadlines. Much better to take dt instead, my friend does it and she really enjoys it.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending