The Student Room Group

i don't know what to pick for year 9 options and the option i pick i for gcse

i want to do law when i'm finished with school but i don't know if i should pick business studies or religious studies
Reply 1
I’m in the exact same boat as you Ik in year 9 and I’m picking my GCSEs very soon (this month) and I also want to go into law or be a vet! What other GCSEs are you picking? I’m doing French triple science philosophy but I’m not sure if I’m going to do history or sociology. Back to your issue just do whatever you enjoy more you don’t need to do buisness to have a job in law and personally I don’t think buisness sounds very interesting you do stuff on like profits and stuff just look at both subjects find out what you do in both and then pick which one you find for interesting and fun because if you enjoy it you will want to do well in it
I’d say out of the two to go with religious studies. It deals with ethics which would probably be much beneficial for a career in law.
Look at the requirements to study law at any sixth froms you think you might go to... usually they just want general good grades rather than specific uncompulsory subjects, so neither of those options should prevent you from doing law in the future. However, I'd do RE as it is a more general subject and deals with philosophy, ethics, facts and decisions opposed to buisness which is fairly specific.
Original post by uzmaa05
i want to do law when i'm finished with school but i don't know if i should pick business studies or religious studies

Pick whichever one you’re more interested in, and you think you’ll enjoy more / do better in.
GCSE results are more important than the subjects themselves, whether you take business or religious studies won’t affect your future in law at all!
Well at my school, students are failing business with the highest grade of 3. Last year's year 11's got the highest grade of a 1!!! I don't know how that is even possible, but it kinda shows the difficulty of doing business. I know people that do business and economics at GCSE in my year and they say that business is learning a load of content from a textbook and economics is more about assessing and analysing decisions. I am aware not many schools do GCSE Economics, so if that isn't an option, then I would go for religious studies. My school doesn't offer religious studies as a GCSE, but I'm sure it will be useful for Law. Good Luck!
Original post by chelseagirl2002
Well at my school, students are failing business with the highest grade of 3. Last year's year 11's got the highest grade of a 1!!! I don't know how that is even possible, but it kinda shows the difficulty of doing business. I know people that do business and economics at GCSE in my year and they say that business is learning a load of content from a textbook and economics is more about assessing and analysing decisions. I am aware not many schools do GCSE Economics, so if that isn't an option, then I would go for religious studies. My school doesn't offer religious studies as a GCSE, but I'm sure it will be useful for Law. Good Luck!

lmao it shows how bad the teacher is, not how hard business is

At my school people who do business find it quite easy if anything

Quick Reply

Latest