The Student Room Group

What's your favourite book?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by sarafinha
Really? That's funny...
BECAUSE I'M A NINJA TOO! :ninja::ninja2:

ok.....now it's time to study ABCD.....i'm going to study......i need lot of practices.....exam is ahead......soABCDEFGHIJK-K-K....what's next????i've forgotten....😭
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 21
Original post by Blood_Orange
Brandon Sanderson books! I started on Warbreaker in December 2017, read all the books he has that are in the same universe (They all have a white themed cover). A good series from him is the Way of Kings, more popular is his series Mistborn. They're all magic / fantasy related, considering I've never been big into reading, this guy getting me to read 8 books in a row is remarkable.

Okay I will keep that in mind haha. Thank you I will have a look. And yes I have heard of the Mistborn series but I never read it. But they do seem like the type of thing I would read so I will definitely try to get a hold of them. Thanks!
Reply 22
Original post by lucyaquinn03
I love all the bright places, and my newest fav is Eleanor Oliphants is completely fine. Top reads lol

Okay I will take a look. Thanks!
Reply 23
Original post by mpaprika
Crazy Rich Asians

Yeah I've been meaning to read that for a while so it's definitely up on my reading list.
Reply 24
Original post by meek-boy
ok.....now it's time to study ABCD.....i'm going to study......i need lot of practices.....exam is ahead......soABCDEFGHIJK-K-K....what's next????i've forgotten....😭

lmnop
lmnop

ok....i know it....bye...
Reply 26
Original post by Leviathan1611
hmmm, Revelation, Judges and Daniel those books were amazing 😍😍😍😍. especially Judges

Okay sure, I will have a look. Thank you for your recommendation!
'We Are All Completely Beside Ourselves' by Karen Joy Fowler. Only thing I don't like is that I've never met anybody who's read it before, so nobody to share my love or cry with about it :biggrin:
Reply 28
Original post by velvethopes
'We Are All Completely Beside Ourselves' by Karen Joy Fowler. Only thing I don't like is that I've never met anybody who's read it before, so nobody to share my love or cry with about it :biggrin:

Okay then I will see if I can get hold of it. Maybe we can cry about it together haha.
I found of Erich Maria Remarque. Especially his Arch of Triumph. So beautiful story of love and life
The Devil's Prayer by Luke Gracias- horror, thriller, historical fiction.
The Da Vinci Code by Dan Brown- mystery, suspense, thriller.
Katherine by Anya Seton- historical romance.
The girl with the red ribbon by Linda Finlay
Reply 32
I have several favorite books that I read this year and they impressed me a lot. These are:The Iron King by Julie Kagawa,The Road by Cormac McCarthy and Life of Pi by Yann Martel.Life of Pi impressed me the most and I was so inspired that I I decided to resume blogging Paperial and continued my writing activities.
(edited 5 years ago)
I love poetry more at quillsliteracy.org
Reply 34
your life is not complete until you've read Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn.

unless you've seen the movie then no point. :biggrin:
Now then lad by mike pannett
Reply 36
What's your favourite book (or books). I haven't had a chance to read as often because of A-levels so I want to get back to it again. I like to read pretty much anything but I mostly read fantasy, thrillers and mystery. Does anyone have any recommendations? I'm trying to make a summer reading list. Any other bookworms out there?

I would 100% reccomend 'The Long Way to a Small Angry Plant' by Becky Chambers, it's one of my favourites i've read it multiple times. You can get it off Amazon for quite cheap the last time i checked
Reply 37
Original post by AshlyJohson
I found of Erich Maria Remarque. Especially his Arch of Triumph. So beautiful story of love and life

Yes I have his book of 'All quiet on the western front' but I haven't yet read 'Arch of triumph'. I will take a look, thanks!
Reply 38
Original post by Joleee
your life is not complete until you've read Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn.

unless you've seen the movie then no point. :biggrin:

Yup I own a copy so I'm very excited to read it. It's one of the first books in my reading list. I'm very excited to watch the movie too but as tempted I am, I vowed not to watch it until I finish reading it first.
Reply 39
Original post by londonmyst
The Devil's Prayer by Luke Gracias- horror, thriller, historical fiction.
The Da Vinci Code by Dan Brown- mystery, suspense, thriller.
Katherine by Anya Seton- historical romance.

I have 'The Da Vinci code' so I'm planning to read that very soon. But I haven't heard of the other two. 'The devil's prayer' sounds good, I love a bit of horror. Thank you for your recommendations.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending