The Student Room Group

book recs!

need a book recommendation! i typically read romance bc its the best thing on earth but also trying to read out of my comfort zone. wouldnt mind non-fiction, i have a couple non-fiction books about womens issues which focus on grooming and birth control and that typa stuff but yeah

ill take anything but will say the one thing im hesitant about is fantasy/sci-fi, i love doctor who but idk if reading things with similar themes or more magical stuff is for me!
Fellow DW fan here! Have you tried the books? There's some great stuff there too
Reply 2
Original post by Castrovalva
Fellow DW fan here! Have you tried the books? There's some great stuff there too

oooh i will do and will get back to you!
Original post by aizzicle
oooh i will do and will get back to you!

What's your favourite era/s? I can try and suggest a few haha
If you're interested in books about birth control, How the Pill Changes Everything by Sarah Hill is really interesting, or if you feel like something non-fiction but with a really interesting storyline, I'd recommend looking at Educated by Tara Westover :h:
ooh maybe try the night circus by erin morgenstern? it's a really sweet romance in 1890's-ish america, its lightly fantasy but to be honest it's a really (and i mean REALLY) simple magic system- in fact its not even important for a lot of the book- so it might be a good taste-tester for the genre...
if not, then i'd recommend the sherlock holmes stories. they're all so addictive, iconic, and fun- see if you can work it out before holmes does!! maybe it will appeal to your bbc loving heart 😊
Original post by aizzicle
need a book recommendation! i typically read romance bc its the best thing on earth but also trying to read out of my comfort zone. wouldnt mind non-fiction, i have a couple non-fiction books about womens issues which focus on grooming and birth control and that typa stuff but yeah

ill take anything but will say the one thing im hesitant about is fantasy/sci-fi, i love doctor who but idk if reading things with similar themes or more magical stuff is for me!

The books by the following authors are deffo worth a read:
Cathy glass
lisa stone
Mike pannett

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending