The Student Room Group

Gregg's Frozen Range: How is it?

I just found out recently that greggs have frozen goods in Iceland (essentially pies, pasties etc) which are a lot cheaper than their in-store goods (£1.00 for 2 frozen cheese and onion pasties; £1.69 for 2 frozen veggie bakes and most items are generally £1-2)

My question is, how does it taste compared to the stuff you get in stores?
Original post by quasa
I just found out recently that greggs have frozen goods in Iceland (essentially pies, pasties etc) which are a lot cheaper than their in-store goods (£1.00 for 2 frozen cheese and onion pasties; £1.69 for 2 frozen veggie bakes and most items are generally £1-2)

My question is, how does it taste compared to the stuff you get in stores?

Lol, I was thinking the same thing. Saw them in Iceland yesterday :smile:
Original post by thestudent33
Lol, I was thinking the same thing. Saw them in Iceland yesterday :smile:

I brought some of the cheese & onion + veggie bakes home to try at a later point in time.Should be interesting
Original post by quasa
I brought some of the cheese & onion + veggie bakes home to try at a later point in time.Should be interesting

Drop your thoughts after you've tried them! :wink:
They're pretty decent. Not as good as in store but that could be the kind of ovens they use to cook them. Very good for the price though, wold recommend.
Original post by thestudent33
Drop your thoughts after you've tried them! :wink:

Original post by bones-mccoy
They're pretty decent. Not as good as in store but that could be the kind of ovens they use to cook them. Very good for the price though, wold recommend.

agree with bones re: ovens - the fillings are the same as in store, so enjoyed them BUT the pastries werent as good (didnt egg or butter-wash them) / ovens are different
Original post by quasa
agree with bones re: ovens - the fillings are the same as in store, so enjoyed them BUT the pastries werent as good (didnt egg or butter-wash them) / ovens are different

The pastries are normally my favourite part :rolleyes:. Looks like i'll be sticking to the greggs store ones then :biggrin:
There basically the same as the ones you get in greegs but its cheaper
Original post by MR freshman 2017
There basically the same as the ones you get in greegs but its cheaper

baking at home has a different result on the pastry but agree 100%. yesterday I made some vegan "pulled pork" (jackfruit with bunch of seasoning) and stuffed some in a cheese and onion pasty- the end result was delicious and has given me some recipe ideas.

Quick Reply

Latest