Gregg's Frozen Range: How is it?

Watch
quasa
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
I just found out recently that greggs have frozen goods in Iceland (essentially pies, pasties etc) which are a lot cheaper than their in-store goods (£1.00 for 2 frozen cheese and onion pasties; £1.69 for 2 frozen veggie bakes and most items are generally £1-2)

My question is, how does it taste compared to the stuff you get in stores?
username3973192
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by quasa)
I just found out recently that greggs have frozen goods in Iceland (essentially pies, pasties etc) which are a lot cheaper than their in-store goods (£1.00 for 2 frozen cheese and onion pasties; £1.69 for 2 frozen veggie bakes and most items are generally £1-2)

My question is, how does it taste compared to the stuff you get in stores?
Lol, I was thinking the same thing. Saw them in Iceland yesterday
quasa
Rep:
?
(Original post by thestudent33)
Lol, I was thinking the same thing. Saw them in Iceland yesterday
I brought some of the cheese & onion + veggie bakes home to try at a later point in time.Should be interesting
username3973192
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by quasa)
I brought some of the cheese & onion + veggie bakes home to try at a later point in time.Should be interesting
Drop your thoughts after you've tried them!
bones-mccoy
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
They're pretty decent. Not as good as in store but that could be the kind of ovens they use to cook them. Very good for the price though, wold recommend.
quasa
Rep:
?
(Original post by thestudent33)
Drop your thoughts after you've tried them!
(Original post by bones-mccoy)
They're pretty decent. Not as good as in store but that could be the kind of ovens they use to cook them. Very good for the price though, wold recommend.
agree with bones re: ovens - the fillings are the same as in store, so enjoyed them BUT the pastries werent as good (didnt egg or butter-wash them) / ovens are different
username3973192
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by quasa)
agree with bones re: ovens - the fillings are the same as in store, so enjoyed them BUT the pastries werent as good (didnt egg or butter-wash them) / ovens are different
The pastries are normally my favourite part :rolleyes:. Looks like i'll be sticking to the greggs store ones then
MR freshman 2017
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
There basically the same as the ones you get in greegs but its cheaper
quasa
Rep:
?
(Original post by MR freshman 2017)
There basically the same as the ones you get in greegs but its cheaper
baking at home has a different result on the pastry but agree 100%. yesterday I made some vegan "pulled pork" (jackfruit with bunch of seasoning) and stuffed some in a cheese and onion pasty- the end result was delicious and has given me some recipe ideas.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you worried that a cap in student numbers would affect your place at uni?

Yes (226)
61.08%
No (77)
20.81%
Not sure (67)
18.11%

Watched Threads