The Student Room Group

WBS Postgraduate study, worth it?

Hello, I recently was offered a place for MSc Marketing and Strategy. I was wondering if you think it is worth it (It is top 10 business school I think)

WBS = Warwick BusIness School
Reply 1
Hey, I was offered MSc business and finance. I am also confused whether I should accept or not.
Reply 2
Hey thanks for responding! Congrats on your offer as well! I asked this question because, despite being like top 8 worldwide for my field I am super confused. I am studying in London and the thought to leave it to go somewhere else
Reply 3
Well, as far as I know, Warwick Business School is highly reputed and one of my seniors is studying at Warwick in MSc Marketing & Strategy. He was saying that the school itself is great as well the course. The only thing he disliked about the course is that its assessment is more of exam based, not application based. So yeah, I guess you can give it a try as WBS is targeted by top employers.
Reply 4
With the offer, they sent the module handbook and it mentioned that there is the option of choosing either the dissertation route or undertake a piece of marketing or strategy-related research. But I guess your friend is right regarding the exam style. We will see though. Did you get a scholarship as well? They offered me a scholarship which is about 1/3 of the total fee which I do not know if I should see it as something positive or negative :P - I have never received any scholarship in my life so it was a surprise for me.
Reply 5
No. They didn’t offer me any scholarship. I forgot to ask for scholarships in my application. But I am from Bangladesh and I am looking for some other available scholarships for developing countries. Hopefully will manage one.

Congrats for getting scholarship. Don’t take it negatively. I guess your profile was good enough for the scholarship. Would you mind sharing your profile?
Reply 6
I did not apply for any scholarship either haha, I just continued with the steps and that's that.I am coming from Cass Business School in London and I study Management. Don't know the overall grade yet but I assume it goes fine so far.I had AAA in my A'Levels (Economics, Maths and Further Maths). I am EU citizen.I really want to do something with Strategy and Marketing, that is why I picked it
Hello,
I have just seen your comment

Do you study Management at Cass for your undergraduate or graduate level?

Could you tell me a bit more about your Management course, especially if it is a postgradaute course that you are studying now.
I have an offer from Cass for MSc Management... really want to study there but don't know if it is good enough if I want to be in finance... ?
I am also waiting for some other unis in London to reply, and then I will probably see what to do

Thank you :smile:

(Original post by leftchr)I did not apply for any scholarship either haha, I just continued with the steps and that's that.I am coming from Cass Business School in London and I study Management. Don't know the overall grade yet but I assume it goes fine so far.I had AAA in my A'Levels (Economics, Maths and Further Maths). I am EU citizen.I really want to do something with Strategy and Marketing, that is why I picked it
Reply 8
Original post by little8
Hello,
I have just seen your comment

Do you study Management at Cass for your undergraduate or graduate level?

Could you tell me a bit more about your Management course, especially if it is a postgradaute course that you are studying now.
I have an offer from Cass for MSc Management... really want to study there but don't know if it is good enough if I want to be in finance... ?
I am also waiting for some other unis in London to reply, and then I will probably see what to do

Thank you :smile:

(Original post by leftchr)I did not apply for any scholarship either haha, I just continued with the steps and that's that.I am coming from Cass Business School in London and I study Management. Don't know the overall grade yet but I assume it goes fine so far.I had AAA in my A'Levels (Economics, Maths and Further Maths). I am EU citizen.I really want to do something with Strategy and Marketing, that is why I picked it

Hey! So I am an undergrad so I do not have any information regarding the master programmes . As far of the school is quite good, supposingly Cass is a good school for masters, I think is like 10th or 11th. For the undergrad, we had electives about finance but they were quite introductory or term modules, which covered specific finance fields. I am not sure if the same applies for Msc

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending