The Student Room Group

Disgusted in myself - Possible trigger warning

When I was younger, I was like any other kid. I wanted to have a girlfriend, I thought about what it would be like to get married, have kids; loads of things I probably shouldn't have been focused on as a child. But then, I was sexually assaulted and things flipped. I didn't care for females anymore. I was way more into guys. The issue being, the people that sexually assaulted me were male. Ever since then, whenever I feel attracted to a guy, I can't help but feel disgusted. Sexual assault made me gay? I literally hate thinking about it.
you can much on my toes anyday
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous
When I was younger, I was like any other kid. I wanted to have a girlfriend, I thought about what it would be like to get married, have kids; loads of things I probably shouldn't have been focused on as a child. But then, I was sexually assaulted and things flipped. I didn't care for females anymore. I was way more into guys. The issue being, the people that sexually assaulted me were male. Ever since then, whenever I feel attracted to a guy, I can't help but feel disgusted. Sexual assault made me gay? I literally hate thinking about it.

No. We are born gay (or straight, or bi). A sexual assault can't make you gay. You find other men disgusting because of the trauma, and possible ptsd.

Quick Reply

Latest