The Student Room Group

UK Students walking out of school in protest over climate change

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Libtardian
But if Scientology isn't then the the Church of Climatology isn't either?

Given there's no such thing as "The church of climatology", what are you actually trying to say? I suggest you be clear because otherwise I'm going to have to assume you're a troll and refer you to a colleague given that's against the rules.
Original post by AJ126
It was the last day before half term.Most likely they'd barely be doing anything anyway.If I remember rightly the last day before the holidays generally involved watching videos and not much else.
Okay, I wasn't aware of that.
As for learning about climate change the basic background is not that complex.It can be done in less than a day.
Disagree.
And it's not really a matter if believing in it unless you don't believe in thermometers.At least they are attempting to do something unlike everyonelse who are ignoring the problem and hoping it goes away.
I didn't mean "believe in" as if they might not believe climate change is a thing, I meant believing in it as a cause.
For example, plenty of people believe the packaging on a box of eggs telling them that the eggs are from caged chickens, but it doesn't necessarily mean they care (or "believe" in the cause) enough not to buy them. Plenty of people also believe in the wide-ranging issues that charities are setup to deal with, but it doesn't mean people donate to all of them because certain people only care about certain things.

See above

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending