atoms4peace
lol yeah. catullus.

did you do pyramus and thisbe. that was a whopper

No...we did the Aeneid!
Reply 21
atoms4peace
lol yeah. catullus.

did you do pyramus and thisbe. that was a whopper

im assuming you did your exam 2 years or more ago? thing is, the set texts rotate every 2 years, so this year and in 07 everyone either did Aenid or Baucis, town mouse etc. but before then, i dont have a clue what people did ^_^ lol
um yes i did it in 06. wow i feel old
I learnt Pliny quite thoroughly.

Especially the start. I have the 24th August, fast boats, war ships, Rectina, pumice, ash, heavy breathing, inflamed lungs, and his death was compared to that of sleeping lodged in my brain.

Sempronia and Clodia will hopefully be easy to learn. I have completely forgotten about Clodia.

OCR could be really sneaky and put the two small ones in. Very unlikely obviously.
PJMillar
I learnt Pliny quite thoroughly.

Especially the start. I have the 24th August, fast boats, war ships, Rectina, pumice, ash, heavy breathing, inflamed lungs, and his death was compared to that of sleeping lodged in my brain.

Sempronia and Clodia will hopefully be easy to learn. I have completely forgotten about Clodia.

OCR could be really sneaky and put the two small ones in. Very unlikely obviously.

Isn't there always an extract from Pliny? Or is that assumed just because there usually is?
Luckily there's a nice big gap between my Eng. Lit. exam on Tuesday morning and the Latin in the afternoon, so I can cram then!
When's the Lang. 2 paper?
lozz2601
Isn't there always an extract from Pliny? Or is that assumed just because there usually is?
Luckily there's a nice big gap between my Eng. Lit. exam on Tuesday morning and the Latin in the afternoon, so I can cram then!
When's the Lang. 2 paper?

Can't help you there, I have clashes all day so I'm doing English Lit, Latin Language 2, Latin Paper 5, Maths 4H and then ICT :O
Reply 26
KnightRider
Can't help you there, I have clashes all day so I'm doing English Lit, Latin Language 2, Latin Paper 5, Maths 4H and then ICT :O

Ouch that sucks. You should really have asked your exams officer to reschedule some for the next day. I had Eng Lit., Latin 3 and Prose, Maths 4H, and 3 hours of French AS (listening and writing). I got it rescheduled so Maths and Eng. Lit. are on the 21st now.

Yay
CwSj
Ouch that sucks. You should really have asked your exams officer to reschedule some for the next day. I had Eng Lit., Latin 3 and Prose, Maths 4H, and 3 hours of French AS (listening and writing). I got it rescheduled so Maths and Eng. Lit. are on the 21st now.

Yay

I had the option but preferred to get them over with.
Reply 28
my latin prose clashes with my ICT. which is a bit of a joke, ICT is a half gcse and counts for absolutely nothing in the real world. they're letting us sit latin first though, so we're fresh for it :biggrin:
Reply 29
anyarian
my latin prose clashes with my ICT. which is a bit of a joke, ICT is a half gcse and counts for absolutely nothing in the real world. they're letting us sit latin first though, so we're fresh for it :biggrin:

That's exactly the same with me.
ICT is pointless. I hate it. I don't think I'm going to bother revising.
And latin, I'm worried about it a lot. especially roman life.
Reply 30
RE: roman life,
are there any sites which have some of the notes on it?
cause i kind of lost 99% of mine...
i'm really nervous!
virgil was fine though, & i think i did ok with paper 1
fingers crossed.
Reply 31
I think Roman life is worse than the translation.
I'm so worried about it all.
Pliny is awful to learn but we don't need to know a translation so I'm just learning the basic story line.
I know clodia and sempronia well now.
Ah what a fun week this is going to be
Reply 32
Learn all the texts which although is a nightmare at least you wont be surprised when you see the extracts! how did everyone find the verse?
Reply 33
Yeh I h8 pliny finding it harder to elarn than the verse was.
Background all depends on the questions that come up.

15 mins more of exams and i could have got 2%
Reply 34
Pliny... does anyone know which section was on it last year? Just a couple of less vereses to bother learning...
Reply 35
ok, so am i reading aleexx04's post right? we dont need to do any translation in the prose paper??
Reply 36
No. there's no translation in the prose.
Well that's what I've been told by my teacher anyway.
So it shouldn't be that bad.

(:
Reply 37
I know it's a bit last minute but does any1 have gd notes for Pliny and Sempronia/Clodia. Gd news there is no translation but still need 2 learn key quotes.
Reply 38
bump. I have like no literary notes for Pliny. Any1?
i got paper three and four tomoroow.
with IT.

hmmm.
not excited.
anyone have any tips for papeer threee..?
x

Latest