The Student Room Group

Where should I study Classics?

i plan to self teach latin to alevel. haven’t done gcses yet (this year) but i’m predicted A*A*A*A*A*A*AAA and an 8 or a 9 (ccea, one exam ocr). alevels i plan to do history, class civ and english lit bc those are my highest predicted. i’m thinking about oxbridge (probably oxford, but i honestly don’t know if i could get into oxbridge) and durham, but my school tells me i need to apply to 5 unis, what other 3 would be good for classics?
Original post by buttonsss
i plan to self teach latin to alevel. haven’t done gcses yet (this year) but i’m predicted A*A*A*A*A*A*AAA and an 8 or a 9 (ccea, one exam ocr). alevels i plan to do history, class civ and english lit bc those are my highest predicted. i’m thinking about oxbridge (probably oxford, but i honestly don’t know if i could get into oxbridge) and durham, but my school tells me i need to apply to 5 unis, what other 3 would be good for classics?

You don’t need to apply to 5 unis, you can apply for 2 and add up until 5 unitl the December deadline. And if you want you could also just apply to 2. I would suggest to do open days etc and understand what you really like about the subject and which unis have more modules in that area
Also check entrance requirements for each uni so you are sure they don’t want latin a level as a subject
(edited 7 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending