The Student Room Group
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London

King’s college London atlas accomodation reviews

Can anyone who lives/d in atlas accommodation give me a detailed review on it

Is it catered?
Is it clean?
Is it socialable (not sure if that’s a word but is it easy to make friends?)
What’s the facilities like I heard it has a swimming pool and gym??
Does it have many undergraduates or is it mainly post graduates I ask this because i mostly wanna be with people my age as I’ll be 19 in September so I want to be with people my age group you know?

Please give me details of your experience there and whether you’d recommend it? I know the contract is 51 weeks long which I rather long is there any shorter options? Maybe 40-44 weeks
Original post by Stringytheory

Is it catered?
Is it clean?
Does it have many undergraduates or is it mainly post graduates I ask this because i mostly wanna be with people my age as I’ll be 19 in September so I want to be with people my age group you know?

Please give me details of your experience there and whether you’d recommend it? I know the contract is 51 weeks long which I rather long is there any shorter options? Maybe 40-44 weeks

Moved to King's College London
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London
I really wanna know all this too because it's my top accommodation choice.
Original post by Babycakes5
I really wanna know all this too because it's my top accommodation choice.

Same! I just wanna hear reviews first youknow but no ones responding. 😫😫😫
Hi, current resident at Atlas- AVOID ATLAS AT ALL COSTS. Rooms have loads of faults and poorly assembled features which break quickly- you can tell it's been finished on the cheap and rushed. Heard of problems including ovens breaking, windows breaking, leaking pipes, broken doors, etc. Only one maintenance staff for the entire building, and he's rude, does a poor job on damages and takes days to fix urgent matters. Most of the time he doesn't even fix them properly. Reception aren't much help either and are quite rude. The gym and swimming pool come with additional membership charges as Atlas is connected to an independent leisure centre- so Kings saying there's a gym and pool in Atlas is a flat out lie. Best wishes,Current resident
Hi, current resident at Atlas- AVOID ATLAS AT ALL COSTS. Rooms have loads of faults and poorly assembled features which break quickly- you can tell it's been finished on the cheap and rushed. Heard of problems including ovens breaking, windows breaking, leaking pipes, broken doors, etc. Only one maintenance staff for the entire building, and he's rude, does a poor job on damages and takes days to fix urgent matters. Most of the time he doesn't even fix them properly. Reception aren't much help either and are quite rude. The gym and swimming pool come with additional membership charges as Atlas is connected to an independent leisure centre- so Kings saying there's a gym and pool in Atlas is a flat out lie. Best wishes,Current resident

Is it catered?
Is it clean?

Hi, current resident at Atlas- AVOID ATLAS AT ALL COSTS. Rooms have loads of faults and poorly assembled features which break quickly- you can tell it's been finished on the cheap and rushed. Heard of problems including ovens breaking, windows breaking, leaking pipes, broken doors, etc. Only one maintenance staff for the entire building, and he's rude, does a poor job on damages and takes days to fix urgent matters. Most of the time he doesn't even fix them properly. Reception aren't much help either and are quite rude. The gym and swimming pool come with additional membership charges as Atlas is connected to an independent leisure centre- so Kings saying there's a gym and pool in Atlas is a flat out lie.

Best wishes,Current resident
Same! I just wanna hear reviews first youknow but no ones responding. 😫😫😫

Hi, current resident at Atlas- AVOID ATLAS AT ALL COSTS. Rooms have loads of faults and poorly assembled features which break quickly- you can tell it's been finished on the cheap and rushed. Even a member of the maintenance team admitted that the building was rushed. It's all self-catered. Heard of problems including ovens breaking, windows breaking, leaking pipes, broken doors, etc. Only one maintenance staff for the entire building, and he's rude, does a poor job on damages and takes days to fix urgent matters. Most of the time he doesn't even fix them properly. Reception aren't much help either and are quite rude. The gym and swimming pool come with additional membership charges as Atlas is connected to an independent leisure centre- so Kings saying there's a gym and pool in Atlas is a flat out lie.

Best wishes,Current resident

Is it catered?
Is it clean?

Hey, if you just google "Atlas House London" you can look at the google reviews underneath the description. If you know how to find google reviews then you can do the same thing for Atlas.
Reply 9
These bad reviews on Atlas are not completely fair. The building does have a few problems, but maintenance works well, at least from my experience. It never took them more than two days to solve the minor issues that I've had. And the building itself is very nice for student residence standards (yes, it doesn't have the pool and gym, you have to buy a membership that costs £30/ month). I have a private room in a 3 room flat and I think it is a good deal in London, considering the location and the living conditions. Of course, I wouldn't pay £400 pw to have a studio here - I would go for a nice private accommodation if I had that kind of money...
Hi I’m applying to atlas as well. Does anyone have any reviews about it?

Quick Reply